1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. sujai

sujai

Bangalore
    Two weeks back while starting from a signal ( once the car started moving ), both brake and clutch failed . Turned out to be the plastic cylinder . Thank God that I was just starting from signal otherwise my life would have been in danger. My car is July 2009 model and they did change the slave clyinder once ( that also after asking them whether my car is in the list or not - they never called me pro actively ). They also charged money from me for replacing it this time .
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  2. Joeanil

Joeanil

Chennai
    This is simply ridiculous. My 2009 Linea too suffered breakdown not once but twice due to faulty CSC which turned out to be of plastic make (discovered later on). When it happed the second time, I stayed back with the car. Breakdown service reached in about one and half hour and this time they replaced it with a metal CSC right on the roadside. They came only because I managed to call the FIAT guy directly whom I got to know from my previous breakdown exp.
    Imagine had it been a highway, I would have been left high and dry !!!
    Situations like this shake your confidence on the car totally.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My 90 HP is june 2011. Replaced at first service to metal one

It was leaky also. SA told me my car was in replacement batch
  4. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

What beats my understanding is, this CSC issue of plastic to metal was done sometime in 2010 and was meant to be a cure for the CSC ailment. How is such plastic CSC still being fitted onto a May 2011 model as OE ? Haven't they done away with plastic CSC still or are FIAT still pushing their luck or are they disposing of the huge quantity of plastic CSC that the vendors made on FIATS order ?

Abdul
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Don't you have Fiat RSA?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Ajit, what was the month and year of manufacture of your TJet. Also, was the original one a plastic CSC or aluminium CSC?

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Was your problem resolved by ABS motors? Also, was the earlier CSC a plastic one?

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

this is astonishing!! Any other members who own 2011 cars got this replacement done?
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I had got CSC upgrade to metal one at first service.
    After using new CSC for next 10 K , it has been noticed that new CSC covered by dust.
    But not by dry dust. It is covered by slightly wet dust. Dust became wet due to minor leakege of oil.

I tried to replaced again in warrantee. But TATA ASS did not changed.
    Gear shift quality is not upto the satisfaction level. As the dust on CSC is becoming wet, I think it is leaky. Is it really leaky ? Is there anyone who has got replacement due to this type of minor leakege ?
  9. got CSC rod replaced with the steel one in my dec2009 GP ... Are there any other part upgrades for this much old GP, as i have never had upgrade calls and after almost 3 years got my CSC shaft replaced :O

I wanna know other parts upgrades like somebody was talking about A/C, what part exactly they r replacing ? mine is a 1.2 FIRE GP

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

forgot to tell... clutch has become very smooth and gear shifting has improved lil bit (and its not just psychological :p ) . the reason might be they did clutch bleeding as CSC was taken out and some air must have been remained in the lining. :)
  10. Guys, I have a query. Thought I would post here. Mods can move if any other thread has details regarding clutch plates.

Today while coming to the office, I was driving sedate. But I have to ascend a small uphill portion of road to enter the gate of my office.
    All the cars were stacked in the uphill, and w/o noticing the danger of slipping back in the uphill, I too stacked it. And when I was to accelerate
    my punto to climb from Speed 0, I was little concerned about the Fiesta stacked just right behind me. So had to accelerate to the extreme w/o
    having my punto slip back. I noticed a sound screeching my ears like the clutch came in contact with the Fly wheel and smelled a burned smell.
    But the smell was not that much and the screeching/frying of the clutch was for a duration of 3 -5 secs. What will be the consequences of this ?
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012