1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok thats the story.
    Plastic cylinder is known to fail.

1st replacement from Fiat was also plastic one, but now they will put steel one, no report of failure so far. Enjoy!!
    1 person likes this.
  2. Strange part was my car is a Aug/Sep 2009 car and has gone routine servicing cycles, AC upgrade as well, but every time the folks at b u bhandari and pandit said, the Clutch Slave part is not applicable to my car.

Same with me. My car is Sep-2009 and every time I asked Pandit/BUB/Acumen, they say that not applicable to my car. How should i convince them? How to verify that my car really needs this replacement or not? BTW, there has never been any issue with the gear shift and clutch in the car.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sep 2009, means your car definitely needs cylinder replaced. You must get it checked with any other vendor or contact fiat service helpdesk directly.
    Unfortunately, you have to pay now as warranty is for 24 months only.
  4. Hi Guys,

i just upload a video on youtube to help you all to find is your CSC is metal or plastic:
    this video is taken om my punto which is May 2011 make.

hope this will help most of you to figure out csc.
    thanks
    neeraj
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
    4 people like this.
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    I was on the same scenario. I have a 2010 Feb GP, and I was being told by Concorde that there is nothing that need to be replaced on my car. I specifically checked for slave cylinder, and the SA in concorde said, it will not be needed for my car.

When i changed over to VST, i asked the SA, he checked and replaced it with metal part without any costs.

I was also told by him that this would anyway be a free replacement from FIAT even if the car is more than 2 yrs old. May be it is worthwhile to check specifically on this as well.
  6. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    if it was the plastic one that broke, that should be covered under warranty, irrespective whether you have ran off it by few days. Cos it should have been premptively replaced in the regular service cycle itself.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    In recent weeks gear shift in my Punto has become very hard. Downshifting to 2nd and 4th is very difficult and the reverse gear almost always makes a krrr sound when I try to engage it after starting (This happened very rarely earlier). Shifting to 4th gear always makes me feel like some metal pieces rubbing against each other.I had already changed the CSC to metal one. What could be the issue?
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  8. @soccer,

but did you checked your self if its a metal one or not??
    please refer my video to find if its a plastic one or metal one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I never had any problem with the plastic one in my Linea MJD March 2009 model run about 55660 kms.I got them changed under extended warranty at around 49000 Kms I felt erratic behavior(some times hard/soft) with the clutch.After the change the clutch felt better.
  10. I got it changed today after 13K KM. I never faced any issue with that but after reading so many bad experiences here, I decided to contact Fiat (None of the service centers ever responded positively). Fiat service desk was prompt in saying that covered under extended warranty and asked me to go ahead. I had to convince the dealer (they only took action to check and agree to cover under ext. warranty when talked hard and showed the e-mail copy from Fiat).

1st gear jerks seem to be disappeard but no other obvious change in driving noticed. Overall satisified with the service though had to behave a little strong.

My car needs AC upgrade too.
    Does it is really useful? I live in pune where I'm very much satisfied with the default A/C except couple of summer months. Does the replacement have any side-effect?