1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch slave cylinder thread

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by nishweth, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Friends ,
    A question ...Does this CSC problem exists for new batches ( from 2011 ) or it was only for old batches ? because I enquired with few ppls from FIAT and they were saying that it was only of few batches that was manufactured till last year .. and from this year batch it is solved ..

Ajit
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    2011 cars dont have this problem. all the cars since launch date till 2010 end had the plastic ones it seems.
  3. Thanks Italia for the clarification... :)
  4. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Done the CSC replacement today.

Not noted much of difference about the function except less clutch travel....
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    there shouldnt be any difference as the length of metal rod is same as plastic ones.
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Even i felt the same.
  7. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    I faced the mentioned cylinder-slave problem on monday. fortunately was very slow on traffic in Hinjewadi(Pune) so could get the car quickly to side of the road.
    The clutch stayed depressed after a "khat" during gear change.
    Fortunately it stopped in front of a maruti service station,and one of mechanic helped in checking what the issue was and he quickly gave me the broken piece of plastic.

When called for pandit, they suggested a breakdown service would take atleast 90 min, though he gave a number of another towing guy to check if he could come in lesser time. He actually was and was cheaper as well.
    950 bucks and he took me to pandit akurdi.

Diagnosed for the replacement. Car was 2 yrs old and i did have extended warranty ( though never got the booklet) , but bit of prodding and the pandit guys agreed to do it under warranty. Got back the car a day after, zero charges.

Strange part was my car is a Aug/Sep 2009 car and has gone routine servicing cycles, AC upgrade as well, but every time the folks at b u bhandari and pandit said, the Clutch Slave part is not applicable to my car.

Glad that this got resolved but for the 1 day inconvinience and 950 bucks.
  8. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My CSC was replaced again yest for the 30K service, SA told me its not covered in extended warranty, and i just ran out of warranty by 2 days, was charged 2200 change for it.
    Wonder whats the life of CSC, proly depends on the driving style.
    Shake
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Was your earlier one also steel clutch cylinder or plastic one?
    Plastic one is known to be problematic, if old one was steel, then its first reported case.
  10. shakesin

shakesin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I remember ASS replacing it during the 1st or the 2nd service, however never got the replaced part as it was a recall issue!
    the old one that i saw this time was a plastic one, not sure if they have replaced it with a plastic or steel one!