1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch Slave Cylinder - Part Availability Urgent

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sahib1517, Oct 23, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    They'll be fine. The rubber seals ( the only thing which can go bad) will not go bad so soon.

Cheers.
  2. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Thats really-really bad of Fiat . With sales falling, people complaining they still remain the same like a dogs tail ; they just cannot be made straight. 8 days for a part which is a tiny metal rod; and which is a well known failure part; still FIAT cannot just take any action on it . They still have not removed Elegant Motors from there web site though it has been shut down long time back. They still have not put HIM Patparganj as the authorized service centre .Shame on them. I guess FIAT would just remain the same; they have always remained like this...and I shudder to recommend FIAT to my friends. @Sahib . please put your problem on the official facebook page of FIAT . Dont know whether it helps ; but no harm in putting it . Here is the link http://www.facebook.com/fiat.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  3. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear sahib, i really have become your fan, its because of people like you that fiat still exists. Inspite of such a shabby treatment ,running from pillar to post for such a small silly part, and having to leave such a beautiful car which i am sure you cherish on the open road for 10 days, and irresponsible treatment from dealers, the very fact that you are so cool and composed reflects your character which i envy. I am really proud to be a part of this fourm that have people like you.
  4. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear sahib bro
    Saw your post this morning,I kno how it feels like when the car is stationed for so long.I have spoken with two Tass @ gurgaon,dhingra motors and abs motots.dhingra has one last piece left with them,abs has few Csc in stock.request you to visit them along with the car.If you get stuck while looking for the exact location,pls call me 7838351009.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    A part like CSC which is known to go kaput not available at any of the dealership? That too in a big City like Delhi? Should not such a part be available in abundance at all dealership when Fiat has replaced it having known it's tendency to fail?
  6. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Finally Finally Finally!!! My Linea started to roll again. Called Tuli motors in the morning and they confirmed the part has arrived. Got my car towed to them. Got the car running in the evening. To add to the drama my battery died...but thanks to a local battery vendor he took the battery for charging and gave me a spare battery for meantime.y.
    Getting the part today was not easy again...Tuli kept me waiting for good 4 hours...awaiting for approval from Fiat so that part could be fitted within warranty.
    Fiat were of no help again...replying to my numerous mails only once a week...and when they replied it was so stupid reply asking for the order number of the part Tuli has placed for me....what the hell would they do with the order number!!!

After the part change...my car's transmission seems to have completely changed. The clutch has become so so soft that keeping a light foot presses it. Is it meant to get like this???
    I seem to have lost some faith in the car....would take sometime to gain it back if i could.

@Srinivas...i agree FIAT service is pathetic...and i might not ever buy a Fiat again. I did panic initially...ran to all corners..even getting 3 local mechanics to check the car ...but then i realized its of no use...i cant fight with FIAT/TASS to get the part...i need to sit down and wait...and this was the only way. And believe me...when Fiat wasnt responding...the support i got from GREAT friends on this forum brought peace to me and believe that it would be fine. Past 11 days i lost hope that my car would be fine again soon...but Daily smebody used to suggest me a way..give me a hope.
    My Special thanks to Vivek and Varoon9999...guys ur gems...i wish i could extend my support to u in my life.
    Do let me know about the softness of the clutch.
    Thanks a ton.
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    yupie...rock n rola...
  8. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sahib i am sure you will gain back your confidence on fiat. how much have you clocked? the life of a clutch cylinder ( metal one ) is around 40000 kms . its better if you replace your cylinder at around the 38000, then at the 75000 kms mark and so on even if working fine. The life of the clutch plate is around 50000 kms. I always replaced these parts around 2000 kms before the kms mentioned in the manual, and was never stranded for 212000 + kms in my uno, 110000+ kms in my palio 1.9d. I too swore never to buy a fiat when my ond day old palio head light took in water on a rainy day,and could not get a free replacement and finally had to pay 1800 Rs, after a couple of months at around 12000 kms my fuel pump indicator started glowing and the cars engine was freaking out, i couldent get a free replacement and had to pay 12000 Rs odd for a new sensor. after that it was smooth going for over a lakh kms and all the initial hicups were drowned by her roadmanners , solid build, sturdyness power etc etc, and i couldnt resist buying myself a punto after seeing her.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  9. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Thanks Srinivas...that detail gives me a relief...I have clocked 27k so far.
    To my question in the previous post...does the clutch gets so so soft...that it becomes feather light?
  10. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida

You are welcome a sahib. Its nice to see that your beauty is back on track. Regarding the softness of clutch ; in my case the clutch was always soft ; after the CSC change there has been no apparent difference. In your case did they change the complete cylinder or the plastic rod only ?When has been your car manufactured ?

You mean to say regarding the reliability ? Well I had a talk with Rafiq from HIM patparganj when I had got my CSC replaced . He said that CSC is the only known stuff till now which has caused a breakdown of FIAT cars; otherwise the CARS are pretty reliable. I just hope thats really the case.