1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch Slave Cylinder - Part Availability Urgent

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sahib1517, Oct 23, 2011.

1. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Hi, I have been bitten by this faulty CSC. I am from Delhi(west) and have Linea petrol. My car breakdown and I had local mechanic take a look. The rod (plastic) inside the CSC has broken. Since yesterday im running pillar to post to get it replaced but none of the dealers are having the part. I contacted Tuli motors(raja garden) and Him motors(Peera garhi). Also i have contacted local vendors but im not getting the part from anywhere.
    I am planning to take the car to Him motors. I am not getting any road assistance, the tow van guy is asking for 2000 for towing from Rajouri garden to Peera garhi.
    Can anybody please help where can i get the part or what should i do. Please help

Note: I am sorry i am posting this as separate thread but i am really frustrated and depressed and dont know what to do now.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hey , thats very unfortunate. do you have a RSA valid? if yes they have to tow your car. if not does your insurance provider have towing facility?

secondly if HIM motors has the part, go on bike/ other car take the part and pick the mechanic and take him to your car. one can replace the part in 10 minutes. give some tip to the mechanic and drop him back.

dont get depressed , treat it as normal breakdown.

secondly after this write a strong mail to FIAT officials.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    email fiat @ service@fiapl.com and other email address for parts mentioned in this thread

I don't know why aren't the dealers replacing the slave cylinder rods as directed by Fiat. All dealers have their own ways of working some replace parts pro-actively and some don't even after asking and believe it is to be replaced only when the car is stranded in the middle of the road leaving a bitter taste in the mind of customer.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Thanks for your advice. Him motors says they dont have the part.
    A local mechanic told me that he can try and weld the plastic part together and then replace the part as soon as he gets it. Would it be right to follow this approach?
  5. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @sahib . Please call up Mr OP Sharma from HIM motors, Patparganj. I had replaced my plastic CSC for a steel one yesterday from HIM motors after almost 3 weeks of putting the request. They still have my intact plastic CSC with them . You can use this one till a new steel one comes over. At least that would be the best solution for the time being. If they have them you can also go over and collect it from them.

Mr Sharmas Number is : 9891369998

You can say that a FTA Azure punto 90hp had come for CSC replacement on Saturday(22nd) from greater noida. He would remember it. I did a folly of not collecting the intact plastic CSC else would have immediately given it to you. Of course , now it is their property and they would use it as they like .
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  6. Try at Triumph Motors, GT road,Faridabad .They always have a good stock of Fiat Parts.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Kudos!! These actes makes this forum great!!
  8. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    waiting for updates from our friend Sahib...
  9. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Happy Diwali to all really awesome ppl on this forum.
    Vivek thanks for giving me that number(you rock man)...i called him and he told me he has the plastic part. But the service center is very far from my place and in this Diwali rush it was not feasible to take the car there. Instead i went to Him motors close to my place...they told me they donot have the replacement but would get in few days. I wrote an email to fiat and luckily got an email on monday morning that they have the part and i should ask my nearest dealer to place the order. The nearest dealer they told me was Tuli motors. I went to Tuli on Monday and they told me they have already placed the order for few of these parts some 3-4 days back and have not received the shipment. Tuli did not register my request formally but asked me check back on tuesday. I called on tuesday he said the parts have not started from Pune yet and has asked me to call back on Friday, since Wednesday and Thursday are festival holidays.
    So, im still waiting for the part and wuld call on Friday. Though not very hopeful. Friday would be the 8th day my car would be stranded on roadside for other ppl to make fun of the great company FIAT. This whole thing has taken fun out of the festival .

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

And to add t all this misery...these Fiat dealers are not pally with each other. Few dealers in GGN and the Him motor pataparganj has the part. I asked the dealers close to me to get thepart from them..since it is not possible to get my car towed to there...but they refuse and tell me Fiat would send the part.
    ALso, the dealers having the part are not ready to give it...they want the car to be taken to their workshop...when i said i would buy it they deny that they would not sell it until car is brought to them
  10. sahib1517

sahib1517 Timido

delhi
    Hi...even today (8th day) i did not get the part. Checked with both Him motors and Tuli motors, both said Fiat has not dispatched the part yet. Wrote another mail to fiat, waiting for reply.
    Car still stands dead on roadside. Since the part broke...all fluid leaked and i am afraid because of leakage(dryness) some other part of clutch is not impacted.