1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch pedal sound

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by RaviHegde, Feb 3, 2015.

1. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    See down in the direction of the red arrow through the gap. Ask someone to press and release the clutch when you are looking down through the gap shown by red arrow. You will see the plunger and the lever arm moving.

IMG_20151227_155746.jpg
    gpunto75 likes this.
  2. karaka

karaka Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.4
    Thanks a lot Ravi, will see if there is any which causes noise.
  3. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    Guys, interesting thread! I just got my punto serviced, had informed the SA about First gear and reverse gear being hard. As expected, he suggested replacement of clutch assembly. but I opted out of it, as I already had a huge bill (27k!) due to problems with the power window control unit. Now, I want to try spraying the grease, but was wondering if I can use the 3M grease spray that I use for my bullet's chain? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
  4. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    I have same squeaking sound from my drive while depressing the clutch. However, could not locate the same. I believe the coolant position has changed in the MY2013 Puntos. Could you please help me locate it in the PIC below.
    DSC03614.jpg

DSC03614.jpg
    gpunto75 likes this.
  5. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Image had some issue in loading hence pasting URL here,
    [​IMG]
    gpunto75 likes this.
  6. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mine is grande punto 1.3 Mjd. Have been experiencing knocking sound just at start of releasing the clutch and at end of releasing the clutch.
    Also help me locating the master cylinder for mjd too ,as in above pics.
  7. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Update,
    success at last, the annoying knocking sound just at the clutch pedal release has gone. I applied silicone grease to the rod behind the clutch pedal (slave cylinder I believe).
    @RaviHegde thanks for your detailed posts, I read those for solution. Will post a pic of the said part.
  8. meples

meples Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I had the exact same issue and when I showed it at the workshop they replaced the slave cylinder (under warranty). However, I would like to know where exactly you had put the grease. Pls update with pics. Does the clutch become smoother after applying grease?
  9. gpunto75

gpunto75 Amatore

Nasik
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry mate for replying late. The update after 200 km is that when the car is in 1-2-3 gears, noise is sill there. Though its not that louder. Will try another layer of grease and update. Clutch was smoother before, so no change in that
  10. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, pictures would help.