1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch pedal getting harder even after replacing the clutch plate recently

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by sk.kashyap.92, Oct 12, 2016.

1. sk.kashyap.92

sk.kashyap.92 Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Clutch plate in my punto 90hp had got harder and there was noise while pressing the pedal and even the performance of vehicle had gone down. I had got my car checked with 2 Fass and 1 local mechanic who said the problem seems to be with clutch plate.

I had used the old clutch plate for arnd 25 k kms. I had driven my car half submerged in gurgaon and i guess that was the issue for clutch going bad. Correct me if am wrong.!!! ( this was told to me by local mechanic)

I have got my clutch replaced again at 1.72 lacs odo from jaipur 2 weeks back. After the replacement the pedal was very soft but from last 6-7 days i am feeling the pedal has got harder. Not very hard but its not like it was when i had replaced it recently. I called up the technician at fass jaipur and he said the clutch should not get harder and had asked me to bring the vehicle for checking. He suggested to replace the brake oil as the al the 3 pedals are connected or take it to a fass near by for inspection. There can be possiblity of trap air he said.

I need advice on the above. Why is the clutch pedal getting higher? and also i am attaching the pics of clutch replaced if some one can tell me whether the replacement of clutch was required or not and whether the brake oul replacement will resolve the issue.