1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch Kit

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Ahamed Beig, Nov 19, 2013.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Speed FIAT wants 3500 :rolleyes:

Any idea about Metro?
  2. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I was also charged 4K for clutch kit change at Butta Hyderabad. Had a discussion (read argument) with service manager and he said this is prescribed by Fiat. He could never show me that labor charges list from FIAT.
  3. Can't compare but at MASS ,it was Rs 750 in year 2010 as the labour for Wagon R. Add 25% it would still far less than 4k.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Just confirmed;its 1800 at Metro.
    Another feather in their hat :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Looks like FIAT has no control over these dealers,most of these dealers are deal breakers now.
  6. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    OT : if some one can help point me to the right discussion link or answer here I will be greatful

1. wondering if we can use after market clutch ?
    2. Which brand and how much would it cost for Petrol and Diesel ? Including the bearing.
    3. Where in Bangalore can I source the clutch plates and bearing ?
    4. Finally, which workshop should I go if I live in south bangalore ?

also, heard Bosch Service centers do good work and use genuine Bosch parts, wondering if someone had any experience in such service centers ?

i ask the above because my 1.4 GP is out of warranty and clutch has become rock solid and my sciatica nerve is hurting badly
  7. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Bosch can fetch FIAT spares. This is true. But there are if's and but's attached to it. I had asked them to replace front right fender liner which they get in few hours. They charged me whopping Rs. 1600 with labor. When I said Fiat sells it for Rs. 350, Bosch removed the part and later I got it at Fiat for Rs. 500 with labor. Please check cost with other dealers before you zero down on Bosch.

On the flip slide Bosch does a good job when I comes to workmanship. They offer car pickup/ drop, followup and are courteous. My Linea's monthly wash is as Bosch :) and I am happy with them.
  8. Ahamed Beig

Ahamed Beig Novizio

Bangalore, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi SoumenPaul,

I changed clutch as per reccomedations from the authorised Fiat service center. It is because of worn out issues. It costs me between 7-8k.
  9. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Guys, after working with insurance Company I can tell that the labour charges differ from state to state.

There was a commercial vehicle claim the labour charged was 60k and the vehicle was a Tata 407 truck.

The state where the customer was claiming was odisha and that dispute was handled by me.

The customer finally agreed to take labour for 41k.

I can say that it is normal if the labour charged in some areas are on the higher side.

Sent from my iPod touch 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  10. aneevs

aneevs

India
    Hi Guys,

I have a 2010 Linea Emotion pk, which has run only 30k. I had problems while gear shifting when then the car gets hot on a relatively long ride or in city traffic. It was mostly for 1st and reverse gears. Started making noise while reverse shifting. The service advisor told me that its a clutch wear out problem and its not covered under extended warranty. I replaced it anyway, I am not a mechanic but after seeing the old clutch, I wonder if it was really a wear out issue. Please take a look at the attached pics. Do you know if we can identify wear out inspecting the clutch?

As far as I know, the wear out can only happen for the non metal circular sheet material which makes the engagement and disengagement of clutch. And if its an issue that shows up when its heated up, that means the property of the pressure plate (the one with fins) has been changed? In that case, I assume it should be covered under extended warranty, correct?

2013-12-15 09.19.31.jpg 2013-12-15 09.19.56.jpg 2013-12-15 09.20.42.jpg

Thanks for any inputs on this. btw, it cost me 8370 Rs from Hyson service, Kochi. 2500 + 300 tax as labour charge.

Cheers!
    Aneesh
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013