1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch issues-shifting to reverse

Discussion in 'Technical' started by MattJ, Sep 5, 2012.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    There is no scope of cable tightening in linea or punto.

Gear shift also gets hard also if there is less of transmission oil or clutch issue.U should get it checked.Also try lubrication of the gear Linkage as it really helped in my case.
    Try using the car less till the part arrives as u can damage the gear system.

There is no spare parts issues now in fiat, its the dealers who dont stock them.U an always try some other dealer in some other city near u.
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    I've just completed my 3rd service from Millennium Drive, Pune ,India's 1st Fiat exclusive service station , hence all consumables including oils are replaced , so no question of checking fluid levels ,

Because I don't wanted to go thru the hassles of non availability of spares I travelled 300 kms. From my place to Pune at Fiat exclusive service station ,
    Now my question is gear shift cable is under warranty and will be replaced FOC , can I get it done thru other Tata Fiat station near my place ? He has mentioned in the system that cable needs to be replaced under warranty
  3. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Are change gear shift cable ? Is it replaced under warranty ?

Please update.

HIREN
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Mine was replaced under warranty but i got it replaced since it was vibrating and making a noise at certain RPM's. The funny part is that, the Gear wires do not come separately. They come as an assembly with the complete Gear lever and cost > 8K.

OT:
    God save us when the warranty is over !!!

Another example is the fog lamps. In 9 out of 10 cases, the plastic clamps holding the fog lamps break but you will have to pay for the whole assembly which costs 1800+. The plastic holder if available separately should cost not more than 300.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Bangalore
    I ad this problem of the reverse gear grinding noise on my Punto @79K. It was not going away with the usual 2 second clutch-in. Replaced my clutch and the noise has gone away.