1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by savio9923, Feb 19, 2013.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It is barely noticeable in the audio.
    In my case, it was more like a high engine noise resulting from an exhaust leak. It was no more the silent engine that 1.4 used to be. It was not much noticeable in idle, but was high when the car is moving. The gear sft was slightly hard, but no diffuculty to engage it.
    Actually, during break down repair in December, I told them there is high engine noise. They just tightened the bolts of the catalytic converter flange and said it is alright now. After that the noise gradually got worse. I have a long drive plan two weeks down and was worried if something would happen during that. Thats is why I went to get it checked.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Pictures of the damaged/replaced clutch parts. Disk looks fine.
    1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I confirmed with 2 -3 mechanics and they are of opinion that the grr grr metal grinding sound is normal in diesel engine in the first gear as engine takes load at low RPM since no acceleration given.So the noise is not clutch bearing sound.
  5. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Replaced Full Kit. Clutch is like new and all are fine.
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Can you just post what all parts are replaced.
    I can hear a khud khud sound in first or second gear (like the buses in first gear).
    Going to Balaji cars on next week

Rajeev
  7. adi2903

adi2903

panchkula
    i am having clutch hardening issues.also,there is sudden loss of pickup and mileage.FASS is quoting 10K for clutch pressure plate and kit repalcement.does it come under warranty?what should i do as 29000 is quite early to get clutch replaced and that too paid!​​
    :confused::confused:
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    The Grr Grr noise which you are speaking about is very normal. The sound comes from the drive shaft and CV joints moving under load. They have a small deliberate play which makes that peculiar noise.
    1 person likes this.