1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by savio9923, Feb 19, 2013.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Wow! This type of remeady is not scientific but it is jugaad.
    Tata use this type of jugad to misguide fiat owners.
    They spray oil in rear suspension to conceal defective suspension.
    They penetrate oil in gear cable to smooth hard gear shift.
    In clutch fork to smoothen clutch operation etc.

List can be long as tale of God Hanumaan.
    But they never replace parts in warrantee unless & until we don't contact to big bosses of Fiat
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    100 % right and agree with Bhai !! We have to strong fight for replace part in warranty.
  3. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Is the noise coming from just below the gear lever?

I had a small rattle kind of noise that used to come & go from just below the gear stick with the smallest amount of gear stick vibrations while driving. I recently changed my clutch kit at 85k and at that time the mounting pads below the gear stick also got replaced (there is some technical name of this part). The noise has stopped since then

4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Gear bushes or something?
    how much did they cost?
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Joining the party...
    Gear shift getting hard, especially for first three and the reverse gears. Had been to KHT yesterday to get it checked. They confirmed there is an issue. They suggested replacing the clutch kit. But clutch kit was not available then, so took the car home and decided to come back when the part is available. Just now confirmed that clutch kit has come. Will be meeting them again tomorrow.

Earlier, couple of months back, Mr Khan of concorde said, the gear shift getting hard could be because of the pressure plate getting weak. And may be it is time to replace.
    There is no abnormal noise or anything while shifting. It is just that shift is a little hard. Sometimes there is a slippage too. Noticed this especially when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear.

I am totally confused about what actually needs replacement!
    Is clutch kit covered in extended warranty? Couldnt find the term clutch kit in the Ext warranty doc.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  6. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Nope clutch kit is not covered in extended warranty

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Took the car for suspension noise and made the SA hear the grr grr (like metal grinding) faint noise which can be heard only in the first gear ( without the accelerator being depressed).The SA told me its normal engine noise and not clutch bearing as in the first gear engine takes load and takes more if kept running without using accelerator.Actally this noise was observed by me at 58000 Kms and now my car has completed 70600 Kms. Had it been clutch bearing the noise would have increased , clutch would have become hard, gearing shift problem or bearing itself would have koncked off but in my case nothing this sort has happened as per the SA.
    Guys Is such noise normal i.e, grr gr sound when the car moves in the first gear without use of accelerator.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    No, this is not normal. This is exactly what happened in my case. The engine noise gradually increases, such that you wont notice the change. After some point at speeds of 60-80 you would slowly notice that engine noise is higher than it used to be.

When I took my car for service yesterday, my complaints were slightly hard gearshift and abnormal engine noise. Technician, after doing a test drive said this is likely to be issue with clutch. They opened it only to see that the release bearing had almost completely damaged and had started damaging the clutch plate too. A break down could have happened any time. I am just lucky, that's it.

All these time, clutch pedal was behaving like normal, no indication of any failure. The CRO at KHT was saying, in Punto/Linea, the clutch pedal doesn't show any indication of failure, instead the symptoms are more visible in gear shift.

Now after replacing the clutch plate and release bearing, the engine noise has settled. Shift has become better. I will be observing this for a few days now. I will post pics of the damaged bearing and plate tomorrow.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The noise in your car was Grr.. Grr.. like metal grinding and did it go away after pressing clutch.Its there in my case.I dont think the noise has increased significantly in my case or as u said one may not realize the increase.But the gear shift also is normal in my case may be little problematic sometimes in reverse gear.Would again get it checked.The problem in Bombay is that all Service centers are closing down after 31-3-13 so the only SC available will be exclusive center, Balaji in Thane which is 35 kms away from my place. I dont know when the service center is opening in Andheri(e) as claimed by the Balaji SA.

What was the other symptoms u faced in this.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  10. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    sorry cant remembr the name or cost. also all my bills ve gone for audit so cant get it from ther