1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch Issue

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by savio9923, Feb 19, 2013.

1. savio9923

savio9923 Timido

Hi guys,

I have driven my car for about 67000kms. Again i am facing the same issue of clutch where the gears are extremely hard especially in first and reverse. The service station has told me that i have to get my clutch changed. Just wanted to know whether it is covered in the warranty or not.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    When did you change it last time? And how old is your car?

In all probability, this will not covered under warranty.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Though it depends on the driving style, I think on an average, a clutch plate will last about 50K kms. I do not think it will be covered under warranty. Do check the health of clutch cable also.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i'm facing a similar issue.. i took an appointment with service center and next day..the issue was gone for almost a week.. now its back and disappeared again..more prominent when i down shifting, gear becomes very hard..and force is required to shift the gear.

one advice i got was to fleed the clutch and confirm if the plastic clutch slave cylinder was replaced

any other suggestions.. i have booked an appoint for monday..
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

my car has done ~40k and i'm feeling that the clutch is slightly on the harder side.
    I have however not seen any signs of a clutch failure . The gears slot into place well , there is no slipping or the engine does not idle at unusual rpms when the clutch is depressed.
    In such a scenario if i want to replace the clutch should i also replace the CSC ??
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    FIAT cars doesn't have clutch cable. Clutch of fiat cars is hydraulic & self-adjustable according to its wear
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i'm offtopic
    im seeing from months your signature with CRKI (C.R.K.i. ( Common Rail Kerosene Injection ).India's most advanced diesel technology invented by Petroleum Dealers' Association of India

) :D please elaborate on this
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Ganges

Kerosene adulteration in diesel. We all are putting adulterated fuel.

But can't prove it. Cause whole system is corrupted.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    there is a part which moves in the engine bay connected to the csc. put some oil on it and your clutch will be butter smooth. i never forget to get it done at my sc.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

I started getting kar kar noise which could be heard only when the car is in first gear and goes away after pressing the clutch.The service center guy and many members in TFI pointed it to be the clutch bearing noise and according to the service center guy it would require change when clutch paddle starts feeling hard.The noise appeared at 58000 kms and the noise has only increased little presently at 70200 kms.The clutch paddle is still soft.
    Some times i feel is it really bearing noise or something to do with gears but if it is gears then the noise shouldn't go away after pressing the clutch.I have no problem with clutch at this point.