1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch issue or something else?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ramaraoy, Apr 25, 2013.

1. @Thomman85,

First one pressure plate second one is the actual clutch both are required for clutch to operate.Was there any issue with the clutch from pictures clutch plate still has some life.
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. Friends,
    I just got back my car :smile:. A big thank you to all TFI members and moderators who helped me out with timely advice. The total bill was around Rs.7,800/- but I am asked to pay Rs.500/-. It took a while for me to get used to the new clutch. The half clutch used to be way up earlier, and now it is somewhat down. Also, while changing gears, I could feel a jerk, may be I got to get used to the new clutch. But I don't I should be worried about it at all.

I asked the service contact person for my car as to what made him to change his stand from no warranty to doing this free of cost. He is careful to point that it is not done under warranty, but done as a good will gesture from Fiat. While I appreciate Fiat management for addressing this, but this concerns to me that how painful it would be for any person who doesn't know to how to reach out to Fiat management about his concerns/service complaints. There should be a open forum where Fiat management get to know the field complaints and proactively show that they do care and proud of their products/cars. Something like viny suggested Tracking system would be a good starting point.

Once again thank you all for your support.
    3 people like this.
  3. Good to know you got the car back,I know you have lot of driving experience , but I would suggest not to use the half clutch at all but use hand brake when you need to stop the car in incline in B2B traffic.also use dead pedal to rest your foot.

Due to massive torque genrated by engine clutch would wear off prematurely if we not trying to preserve the car while driving.http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-compartment/9740-preserving-car-while-driving.html
    Last edited: May 7, 2013
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

pressure plate is it covered under extended warranty???

gear was hard to shift.. i was told i need to replace it and that its not covered under warranty