1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

clutch beginning to harden slowly

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, May 18, 2012.

1. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    My Punto is 6 k km old , now i also feel that cluth is not that much soft like new one . But its good actually, as new one was too much light . Now its better and m happy with it .
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    my clutch is also very hard. whenever i complaint they lubricate some fork and it is super smooth then but for only a 1000km or so. never heard of replacement for a hard clutch in my region. im sure they will be unaware of any such equipment.
  3. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    I have Linea Emotion Pk Petrol with 16000 kms. Car is April 2009.

Today Tejaswi in Hyderabad told me that the clutch pressure plate is worn out so the clutch is hard.

Any thoughts? Can the clutch wear out so soon?
  4. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
  5. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    The workshop manager called me and said that the car pick up is less (which I agreee). He said that this is because of the pressure plates and also that RPM when idle is above 1000 because of the same reason.

Is there a link between pick up / RPM and pressure plate?

Thanks,
    Pankaj.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    my Linea MJD is 3 years old and has run 61000 kms. My clutch is still going good . Although I have started getting clutch bearing sound slightly at 56000 Kms but the sound has not increased much since then. The TASS guy told me u can easily run 3000-4000 Kms more and would require change when the clutch gets hard.No sing of hardness of the clutch yet.I think the original clutch has a good life if drive properly.
  7. RRPunto

RRPunto

Clutch harder and making a low whistling noise when engaged

Hi,

Just got my car serviced after 14500 kms from KHT motors bangalore. One of my service points was that the clutch was hard. But after the service, not only is it harder than before but also there is a low but sure whistling noise that comes out when the clutch is engaged.Is this something to worry about?

And why the clutch have to get so hard after 14500 kms. I do not ride the clutch and drive in heavy traffic for about 10 kms a day.

I will try to convey my concerns to the KHT service personnel and keep you guys updated.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Whistle noise is due to faulty thrust bearing of clutch assembly.
    Get it replaced. To avoid reopening of clutch after replacing only bearing change whole clutch assembly.
  9. RRPunto

RRPunto

Thanks a ton for flagging this off, will call them today and lets see what they have to say
  10. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Have to change clutch assembly during the service. It was changed free of cost within warranty.

My car clocked 7100 kms.

Sent from my phone, not yours. :p