1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Clutch and Engine making noise in first gear

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by eveready, Jul 20, 2015.

1. eveready

eveready Timido

Pune
    Hello

Since last few days, my 2010 punto active 1.2 has been making a strange "keeee" noise when i press the clutch pedal and the car in first gear. The engine too seems to be noisy of late. Checked oil level, looks ok. Had got the engine timing tuned up about 6 months ago. Can anyone please help and let me know what the problem could be, before I hit the service centre?

Please team mates, need your help! :)
  2. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hello @eveready ..Its always annoying to hear weird sounds right. Unlike two wheelers cars are meant to be soundless. Any sound would definitely makes annoying!! Anyways afaik the issue could possibly be of insufficient lubricant or worn out gears & bearings mate. Since its 2010 model due to ageing too the problems occurs. Check with the FASS once mate.
  3. eveready

eveready Timido

Pune
    Thanks kishore! You are absolutely right, the noises are too annoying. I think I will have to take it to a FASS then.
    kishorekrs likes this.
  4. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Does the noise appear when the engine is off too ? IN neutral as well ? if yes , then you need to lubricate the clutch pedal as well as the the slave cylinder - clutch arm.
    upload_2015-7-21_14-24-40.png
  5. eveready

eveready Timido

Pune
    Hi sujit, will check out of its making sound in neutral too and let u know. Didnt observe it before. Thanks for the diagram. In case its not making noise in neutral, what do u feel then?
  6. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Well I am just judging by your statement " has been making a strange "keeee" noise when i press the clutch pedal"

I too keep facing this in my Palio Mjd every 2 months (i.e. every time I press the clutch, I hear this sound). And it is due to the friction between the slave cylinder actuator rubbing against the Clutch Lever.. A good dose of Grease keeps it silent for couple of months.