1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cleaning of Fabric part of dashboard in NEW LINEA

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Ranjeet, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
    Hello Guys,

I own a New Linea. As you all know dashboard & handrest of doors in new model are made of some kind of fabric. Any ideas how to clean it? I am afraid of using detergent or regular cleaning chemicals as it may harm it.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Water! Or rather a damp, clean cloth, that's all! :)
  3. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
    @prabhjot I work in process industry & got a few grease like stains on those parts of dashboard & handrest :(. they won't come off by water only.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    please use universal solvent acetone !!! for these grease like stains.
    Sanjeev Ashok likes this.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ranjeet, you can use Sonax Interior Cleaner, it's completly safe to use and gives a good smell.
    Sanjeev Ashok and Dilip patel like this.
  6. Aviral singh

Aviral singh Amatore

lucknow
    lucknow
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prabhjot and all fiatians,@sandipan_r15 ,I just wanted to know what are best products to take care of my new punto evo 90 HP,I mean the dashboard polish and the paint protection and other things what will be the best products, as I think the dashboard material of new punto 90HP is a bit different, I can use the regular products or anything Else should be taken care of.!?? Help needed because I want to pamper her a lot clear.png
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Aviral singh

You could either be sure to dust/wipe the dashboard VERY regularly (in dusty UP, Delhi etc) or take it for expert 'detailing' OFTEN. The fabric part of the evo cleans up easily just with a damp clean cloth, if cleaned regularly (it's the same material as my new Linea I believe.) About car shampoo-s, perfumes etc I'll leave it to the experts, since I don't use them personally.
  8. longdrive

longdrive Timido

Pune
    For regular use, you may try lint roller. cost around 200rs a roll and removes small hairs / dust effectively and you don't have to wet your hands also.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Stick to Sonax, meguiar, or even better Wurth interior cleaning products. Better still get them removed from professional cleaners in the industry. Speak to them about you concerns of fading or warping or damaging etc. Some Mumbai SCs use Wurth and the results are long-lasting.
  10. Linea2013

Linea2013 Timido

Trivandrum
    An APC (All Purpose Cleaner) can be used to clean the fabric and other interior parts.
    prabhjot likes this.