1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Cigarette Lighter

Discussion in 'Technical' started by puchoo, Sep 1, 2013.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    This might sound really silly but i have never had to out a lighter as an after market accessory , most of my cars came with them already installed at the time of the delivery.

Looking at getting a lighter put into the car , is it a simple plug and pay procedure where i go to the market buy a lighter and put it in or is it more complicated than that when it comes to the Linea.

99 RPM has a genuine lighter on sale but they are talking about a base / lights which is confusing me....

Fiat Genuine Cigarette Lighter for Fiat Palio, Siena, Palio stile, Uno and Adventure

Requesting members for their advise on installation...
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yashik ordered this lighter from 99rpm only. The base is already there in your Linea.

This is the same lighter that used to come factory fitted on the Palio ELX or other top variants.

Cheers.
  3. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    I second Gurjinder. It seems to be the same lighter, which Fiat Linea comes factory fitted with. It seems quite affordable too.
  4. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks guys , so basically i order it without the base or the bulb ( whatever that is for) and once i have it simply put it in and thats that - no installation , wires needing to be put in place or anything....?
  5. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    That's right. It is a direct plug and play module.
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks everyone , will put in the order today.

On a different note , my wife noticed me typing this and has informed me that the lighter in the Fabia is acting up a bit and she wants it replaced... what are some of the better brands in this space , i keep seeing a lot of Speedwav products...
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Looks same in the Palio GTX

Also IIRC the factory OE one's which came in my Punto had Orange lighting - not sure if that's that case with Palio.
  8. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Or do what I did! Pulled out the lighter from the 2009 Punto and put it in the Jet. Plugged in wife's phone charger in the Punto lighter socket and told her this is for her convenience only. She won't need to keep finding where the charger is when needed. :-D

Once you get it, let us know if it works. I want to order this for my Punto anyway.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  9. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Will do , have not got around to placing the order yet will soon enough.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Was on the verge of placing the order when i noticed the shipping cost which is an additional 150 bucks or so which takes the total cost to 450 INR. Was wondering if this cost would still be "lower" than buying it directly from Fiat? As such lighters from any market would be cheaper.