1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

chuck-chuck noise from underbody

Discussion in 'Technical' started by VikramRajput, Nov 17, 2013.

1. hello all,

this has been happening for about 2-3 weeks now.. as soon as the clutch is released and the car begins to move, there is a chuck-chuck noise coming from below the body. i am not quite able to make out the source since i feel it must be coming from the rear wheel/axle side. also, its more when the car has just begun rolling in the morning than after it has run for a few kilometers.. also i sometimes feel ki it happens when the car runs over a pothole but again havent been able to confirm that..

the possible culprits i have been able to think of, so far:
    - insufficiient lubrication of suspension springs/rod
    - some component of power transmission (but problem is it seems to come from rear side)
    - clutch issue
    - engine belt issue (highly unlikely since the noise is absent when car is stationary)
    - something in the wheel/brake assembly

can any knowledgeable soul help me shed some light on this? i am not even sure if this warrants a trip to the service centre or i can live with it till my next incoming service in feb..

(any diagnostic checks to locate the issue are welcome since the data i provided above is pretty vague..)

thanks in advance for all the replies/suggestions, as always..

ohh and btw, my baby is a gp e+ 1.4 sept 2009 mfd, bought feb 2010, having run a shameful 9000kms so far.. :(

one more input: a few weeks back, i had hit the garage wall while reversing.. it was a pretty substantial thud wherein my rear door had a big depression and the rear bumper moved inside a centimeter or two.. i opened up the rear door plastic cover from inside and rectified the door depression and let the bumper be as it is, since it wasnt very obvious nor damaged.. however, the exhaust pipe too had hit the wall then since the top portion of the exhaust pipe had a minor chamfer created by the impact.. could it be that the exhaust pipe is moving and making the noise??
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Most probably its the the engine guard got deformed or loose after taken hit underneath. Get it straighten.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013