1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

About the ac\ps upgrade, hat was the SA @ prerana motors said, and as per him, my car also should get the replacements. I followed it up with Hyson motors and they confirmed me over the mail that my car does not needs upgrades. Now, let me wait and see.

You can order from the site or if you stay near domlur, you can drop in to their shop (it is in Jeevan Bheema nagar) and pick it up. You can alternatively contact Ultimate detailerz - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate-Detailerz/172366162795940 They may be able to arrange the stuff for you.

Have not yet thought of rear power window - my rear seats are not occupied most of the time, so have not thought about adding it yet. which brands are you considering and what is the damage to wallet? Do share the details.
  2. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Anoop,

Then I guess you are one of the lucky ones not to have issues with your AC. But most of us were not that lucky. According to the SA at concorde, the Condenser Valve (if I remember correctly) which they put in Punto is not suitable for Indian Weather conditions they go bust very easily. Mine went kaput after two weeks of ownership!

Regarding my CL I spoke to Mr Ravi, he asked me about the Model Number which i didnt have. So I called up Concorde's accessories sales manager Pratap.The Model number is FT1150 which if i m not wrong ,is the same as yours right? I asked him why is that the same model works differently in two cars.He said he has no clue!!:hit
    He then contacted the AUTOCOP Sales head of Bangalore who pointed out to him that , the new series of FT110 does not come with the Auto Ignition Lock/Unlock features but the old ones did have this feature.Those who have installed their CL say 3 months back. But none of the new ones have this feature. When did you get you Central Lock Fixed? I got mine in June end. So if I have to go with they have to say then should have had that feature.:confused:

Then he asked to contact one Mr Om Prakash from Autocop. I called him up and he also said the same story but said he will find out more and get back to me if there is any possibility of installing this feature in my CL. Now i just have my fingers crossed!!! let see hope he calls me up with some good news.

One thing I don't understand why they would remove such basic feature from the unit after providing them initially and on top of that they charge 9 K for this unit which is in my opinion is not more than 2 K!!!

Regarding the FX SynWax can you tell me where exactly in Jeevan Bheema nagar is the show room. I stay in Thippsandra so its no issue for me to go pick it up from their showroom. I tried calling them up on the numbers mentioned in the FB site but no one picked up.

For the rear power window I inquired at throttle in Jayanagar 7th block, they told me its gonna cost 6 k but didn't mention any brand though. In case if i get it done anytime soon i will provide you all the details. Right now i m saving up to bu a
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

I got my CL installed on August 3rd, and the model number is FT1150. I think the actual case might be, the new ones have the feature enabled. If the old ones have the feature enabled, then the guys at Prerana would have told me that. According to them, the CL did not have the auto lock feature, so it was a pleasant surprise to see it in my car after I got the installation done. They did verify that the CL unit in my car is a new delivery - they did not have stocks of CL units for long time since there was some fire in the Pune warehouse. I checked my photos and I can vaguely read the date on the sticker put by Fiat on the pack as 2X-07-2011.

The link I gave you in FB is for ultimate detalierz - they are based behind the Big bazaar on Old madras Road. They may be able to get you a better price than automall.

The automall shop is abouve of Corporation bank ATM on Jeevan Bhima Nagar road (I think after Kayal, if you are coming from Tippasandra, towards Indira nagar 80 FT road).

Xenos have a rear power window unit - Do check what is the price difference if you get it done from outside and if you get it done from FIAT itself. Try Prerana - they told me that they do not charge installation charges, and they did work out cheaper than concord and the work carried out was good - they even delivered the car much before the promised time, and you are welcomed to hang around to see the work carried out - no one will ask you to move away. For me, that is a major plus point.

PS: You are saving up to buy a? what is the suspense? ;)
  4. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Ya thats what I also thought, but what these guys (Prena, Concorde and AUTOCOP) told me is the opposite. Anyways I will wait for Mr Omprakash's call today or I will call him later in the evening and find out whats the status! And I was thinking of giving him your reference in case he does not believe me. Please let me know if thats ok for you!

Thanks for the ultimate detalierz address buddy, I will try and check them out this weekend they are not that far from my place!

About the rear power windows I called up Prerna accessories, they said they dont have any power window kit for Fiat Punto. And they also suggested me not to go for any after market kits as the wiring on the doors are somewhat complicated and any small modification can void the warranty!! So I guess I wont be doing that anytime soon!

Haha no suspense buddy, I by mistake clicked on the submit reply button before finishing the sentence . Sorry!.. What I was saying is that I m thinking of buying a mono block for my sub.. so saving up for it :)

You have a great day bud, Will update you if I hear anything from Mr Om Prakash!.

Thanks
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Sure - feel free to quote my reference if you need to. Absolutely no issues.

A mono for sub is of priority than power windows - any day ;)

I am also in the same boat - trying to save every penny for my ICE install. Do you have any post where you have given details about your ICE?
  6. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  8. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Hehe.. Your welcome buddy. Although I m no ICE guru, but lemme know if you need any help with your setup. Oh and btw spoke to Om Prakash he called up 3 dealers and confirmed that Auto lock feature is NOT available for FIAT CL. So you are really lucky my friend to have auto lock in ur CL :)
    But he did give me the number of the installer at prerna called Mansoor and asked me to contact him just to confirm!
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

then i think i really got lucky. Manzoor is the guy who handled my case too - may be you can tell him my case. i am not sure he remembers me, but worth a try. If it helps to refresh his memory, I am the chap who took full day leave and went there on a Wednesday to get the CL done.

Btw - have sent you a PM bro.
  10. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Buddy, I have already replied to you PM, did you get it ? and Cost of the Co axials are 3.6 K i think not 4. Not very sure though!