1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. mindsipn

Very Well written report Anoop and your Jai looks beautiful :)

By the way the problem with the door sensor which you have mentioned in one of your previous post , so you still experience it sometime?? I have installed my central lock from Concorde (9 K) and this problem still persists.I have complained about this to SA lot of times. Now they have put some kind of rubber stickers on all the doors to push the sensors in but issue is still there esp when take sharp turns the buzzer always beeps and the cabin light switches on :(. My Service is due on Friday , I guess i will have to seek some permenant solutions to this. Its very irritating.

And you have also mentioned this in on of your post
    "After paying up, I started the car but forgot to lock from inside - I started moving to merge with the traffic and I applied breaks and voila - all the doors got locked. After reaching home, I checked it again - if I put the ignition on and applies breaks, the door auto locks "
    This doesn't happen in my case. I asked my other friend , who also has OEM central lock installed in his 1.3 MJD Active, he says it doesnt work like this for him either.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Cooling is very good - here in bangy, even the speed 1 feels like a chiller ::T

btw - Kedar, did you check about the O-ring and power steering hose replacement for your car?

Thank you Mindspin, for the words of appreciation.

The door sensor issue have been fixed when the CL got installed. Now the door ajar warning does not come up. When you go for the service, ask them to check it and get it fixed. It is really annoying - the beep and the light coming on. I used to keep my light in OFF position and buzzer at 0 when the issue was there.

A small correction - the auto locking happens when I turn on the ignition, not while pressing the break. I double checked and confirmed it after some other TFI members also said this auto lock does not happen in the car. I clearly remember that the FIAT accessory person at Concord told me that the CL will not auto lock, when I first enquired with them.

When did you get the CL fixed? may be they added this feature now, or may be the technicians at Concord do not know how to wire up this feature.

Please see this thread for more details about CL: http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?72-Punto-Active-Central-Locking/page5
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

After the excellent detailing by Ultimate Detailerz, I was on the look out for a suitable wax for supplementing the detailing process.

Its been more than 2 months after I got the detailing done and though I have never done a single water wash after that (thanks to Jopasu and ONR) I could feel the friction when I lightly rub a cloth over the body.

After having my experiences with F1 and Turtle wax and couple of lesser known local brand waxes, I wanted to try some thing better this time. After initial searches, I was almost decided on getting Collinite 845 - it is generally considered as one of the best and most durable wax out there. While trawling the net during my search for the wax, I came across many detailing forums and I spent a lot of time reading lot of posts and got introduced to engineered waxes.

After some more reading and lot more trawling, I came to the conclusion that there is no harm in trying an engineered wax - now the choices where between Meguiars NXT 2.0 and Mothers FX SynWax. The opinions were quite divided on some forums - depending on whether the Forum favored Mothers or Meguiars - but the consensus was that both were more or less equal. Most people were prefering NXT 2.0 for Black color cars and FX for other dark metallic colors. After comparing the results of cars and trucks which were detailed by NXT, FX SynWax and Collinite 845, and after going over all the reviews and posts made by people who have actually used them, I could not find much of a difference to ditch the synthetic wax to get Collinite. For dark colors, FX Synwax was giving really good gloss and reflections and I could see lot of flake popping too.

I was not interested in long lasting wax - I take it as an excuse to lavish some TLC over Jai, so a wax which lasts 1~2 months was good enough for me - I was looking for better reflections and lesser elbow grease. All these and the fact that it is readily available off the shelf tilted the scale towards FX SynWax.

Ordered my bottle of FX from automall using there online store (carpolish.in) on Monday night and the wait started. I so badly wante dto wax the car on Friday afternoon and even took a half day leave (who really want to work after a sumptuous Onam sadhya :D) but they took their sweet time to courier me the box. I think i will give 7 out of 10 for the service by automall - I had to repeatedly follow up about the shipping, and I did not get the tracking number as promised by them and though they were available on mobile, my sms and e-mails (using the contact us forum) did not generate any replies. Next time, if I need anything from them, I will go and pick it up from their shop.

I got the wax on saturday (5 days for a order to realize - I stay in same city as the seller :Frustrati )

Sunday morning, I started with my usual dusting with Jopasu, followed by a round of quick cleaning using ONR. After this, I started waxing my car with FX - took me only about an hour to wax my whole car and it was really easy on - easy off, with a great shine to boot. I took some old soft cotton cloth and made a jugaad applicator pad and applied the liquid wax with circular motions and allowed it to dry to haze. After few minutes, I buffed the panels using 3M yellow MF and voila. It was as simple as that. Did one section at a time, and it was much much easier to apply that the F1 or Turtle - the wax have some good cleaning power and the reflections are crisp and vivid. Many people are of the opinion that you need to give some time for the synthetic waxes to bring out the shine, so I am all game to wait and see if I get more of it.

I need to get some tire form and some products for taking care of the plastics - the research is on.

Let the pictures do the talking now:

The package:

Happy Me:

4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Nice to see you are maintaining your car so nice. Looks awesome.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you Ravi. Though I always loved to keep all my cars looking superb, I recently got introduced to this whole concept of car detailing, and it have got me hooked.

Wish I knew about the different products and ways to detail the car when my Ambassador was with me - she would have been a sight to behold, with sparkling black paint and contrasting chrome trimmings.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great Work done dude, It gives Grande a Classy and unique look. TW is glowing.............
  7. mindsipn

Thanks for the clarification!. I got my central Lock installed on 23rd or 24th of June. When i left my car at concorde motors for servicing last week, I told the SA about the problem with my CL and also about the ignition related locking feature in the CL, but he insisted that this feature in only available for E and E+ variants. He also told me that he had spoken to the Autocop personnel about this and apparently they also said the same thing!!

Right after I took the car back after servicing , the problem started again! I called up Concorde and told them about it.This time they sent some one from Autocop to my house the next day to look into this . I asked him about the "Ignition related locking" feature he also reiterated that this feature does to come with this variant!!. Lastly I also called up Fiat customer care, and they also told me the same!! :(

So I really dont know now, whom should i contact regarding this!! Do you know anyone here in Bangalore who can help me with this???
    If not then I guess u are one of the few lucky ones who has this feature in their CL :)

And BTW Jai looks killer after the waxing job :). I too love waxing/polishing my car, I use Turtle wax though.But After seeing the results in your car i m very much inclined towards buying the Mothers FX SynWax. Will you recommended the this for White (BNW) ?

Thanks And Happy Puntoing :)
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    My car is just one month old, Do I need to check all these things? Please let me know.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you Tony :)

@Mindspin: that is sad to hear that they could not activate the features. Why dont you try calling up Prerana Lalbagh motors and talk to the guys who do the installation there?
    But I do remember that even @ Prerana, they told me there is no auto lock before the installation. So, there is a small chance that they actually added these features later.

My advice is, first try contacting people in Prerana, and if that does not helps you, try contacting Autocop directly.

This is the number of a technician in Autocop - not sure if he can help you, but he may be able to tell you if there is some one who can help you. Ravi - 9740025501.

Thanks for the compliments. Do try the FX SynWax - it is light years ahead of Turtle Hard shell. very easy to apply and buff and shine is much much better. Now when I dust the car with my Jopasu, the duster just glides over the cars surface. :cool:

I do not think your car have these issues. I later clarified with Hyson Motors that even my car is not there in the recall list. So, it seems like they are not recalling all the cars, but some specific bath.

Got a call from JD Power survey today, about the GP buying experience. the phone survey took about half hour and was really exhaustive. For most parameters, I gave either 9 or 10 - hope FIAT helps me to stay as the happy customer I am now.
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  10. mindsipn

It was only for the batch of cars which were assembled during the period Feb 2011 and June 2011. That's what I was told when i got a call from FIAT for the Steering Hose pipe replacement.
    And I dont why are they not doing the same to fix the issue with the AC. I know 4 other guys (including myself) who had issues with Punto's AC. I even wrote a mail to FIAT's higher management regarding this when my AC blew out two weeks after delivery.

Thanks for the info and the Autocop contact. I will call him today and lets see what he says!

And regarding the FX SynWax , should I order it online from the website link you have mentioned in your earlier post ? Are the rates cheaper there?

By the way, have you installed power windows for the rear doors? I was also thinking of doing that, went to a couple of car accessories stores but they seemed a bit apprehensive about it so didnt go ahead with it.

Thanks and Have a great day!
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011