1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    Hi I am also from pune i own GP Active MJD bOSA NOVA WHITE a nice car to drive & own I have done Kerala trip in Nov -10 .Fantastic car.You can contact me on 9822653276.
    Deepak
  2. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Hi Anoop.. awesome review bro.. and super pics

bro can you give me the contact info of the detailing guy pls...
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Nice to meet another GP owner, Deepak. Wish you lot sand lots of happy smiles with ur BNW GP.
    Thanks for the kind words, Ferobian.

They are called Ultimate Detailerz. They can be contacted through - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate-Detailerz/172366162795940 This is their FB page - you can PM them or leave a comment - they are very prompt in getting back.
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Today morning, went to Prerana motors service center and they identified the cause of sound as loose link rod - said they will give the car in 15 minutes, but gave the car in 10 minutes and now the sound is gone. Will do some more drives to confirm it again.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

After lot of dilly dallying, I have decided to take the first step to get my car ICE-ed.

Ordered an Alpine CDA 117 (http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/cda-117) HU from US - now the wait starts.

With this one small step, the quest to have a basic, good and clean sounding system in my car is on.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

I did some more drives on bad roads and the sound is not coming. seems like Link Rod tightening did the trick.

Now I am facing another issue - my AC have stopped working. The air from blower unit is no longer cold. This happened immediately after the tie rod tightening. can there be any relation?

Plan to take the car to Prerana next Wednesday.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

hm.. possible. Mine is a April 2011 manufactured car and when I asked about this part upgrade to the SA who sold me the car, he said the upgrade do not affect my car. But cannot be fully sure, any way I am taking the car again to Prerana Kudlu gate service center this week. The SA is a guy called Surendra Jain - Do any of us TFI-ians any feed backs about him?
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Got the AC issue fixed. The culprit was a relay (Part No:543030) and they replaced it.

Stupid\funny anecdote:

When i took the delivery of my car, I assumed there is no switch to turn on ac in Punto. In my car, when the fan was turned on, I was getting cold air. The ac cooling was really good, and every thing was hunky dory till the ac stopped working. Now today, SA was showing me the working of ac and when I turned on the fan, he said sir you need to press the switch (the rotary knob which controls the fan speed) to turn on the a\c and I was like huh!:eek:

I explained to him that I have never done this and a\c was working when fan was running, he was also at a loss about how that happened. :uh
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    :lol

Nice experiece. So hows cooling now?