1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

@gurjinder, @Tony : Thank you. The work they do is just amazing. Check out the FB page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate-Detailerz/172366162795940 you can see some examples of their work. As of now, they work only in bangalore.

In the previous post, I reported that the work was finished with a coat of glaze - but I was not correct. The last coat was not glaze, but sealant.

A snap of the new item I have added to my car care kit:
    DSC_2124.jpg

They are: Jopasu car duster, 3M car detailing microfiber cloth and Detailer's Pro Series Rinseless Wash & Shine (in the amway bottle)

Jopasu car dustuer makes cleaning your car really easy. The strands of this duster are wax coated and lifts the dirt easily.
    After a quick cleaning of the car with Jopasu, all i need is to spray the Rinseless Wash & Shine and wipe it with the microfiber cloth, and the car will be sparkling clean.

No need of water wash unless the car is really dirty, and no wash marks.

Need to supplement this kit by adding a wax and a car soap too, in near future.

I need a good quality leather steering grip for Punto - checked with a guy near our place (Imperial INC - near Vijayabank layout) and he quoted 700 for pure leather hand stitched steering grip. What do other TFI-ians think? Is this a good price?
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anoop going good take care of TW Beauty. Do you think the same things will be required for HHB color.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Kedar: If maintaining different black colored vehicles for more than 10 year have taught me anything, this is it -there is nothing better looking than a properly maintained black color beauty, but there is nothing worse than a badly maintained black color beauty.

You should always take proper care of black color.

This is one of the primary reasons I was thinking of BNW and TWine over HHB when I was thinking about the Punto. HHB Punto is a beauty - do take good care of her. Get good quality car shampoo \car soap and microfiber cloths to wash and wipe her and get a good quality wax (Meguiars, Collinite,Turtle,Mothers,Formula 1 are few names easily come to mind) and wax her once in a month or once in two months, depending on your use. When you lightly rub the microfiber cloth on the body, it should easily glide over - if you feel friction, it is an indicator that it is time to wax.

Get a Jopasu duster - it makes the task of cleaning the car very easy. You can really clean most of the dust with a quick wipe - no need of water wash every time.

Please do not entrust your beauty in the hands of the regular gadi dhonewala crowd - they clean coupe of cars with one bucket full of water and that cloth itself is enough to introduce micro scratches all over the body.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Had plans for a long drive this weekend, but due to some other problems, had to call it off. Though I keep my car covered, the cover allows fine dust to seep in, so Sunday I decided to test the Jopasu - and the result was amazing. Usually, I used to wet wipe\wash the car to wash the dust off, but couple of wipes with Jopasu and all the dust were gone. With in 5-10 minutes, the whole job was done and Jai was sparkling. Total paisa vasool stuff.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

I was planning to give a set of cloths to the most yummy part of my GP - the steering wheel. After some looking around, I decided on a place near Vijayabank Lay out - Imperial leather INC. I have seen some of their works in Team-Bhp and have referred one of my friend there some time back, and all the feedback were good.

Went there last weekend and he quoted 700 for leather steering grip. Yesterday evening, I called him up and went there. I opted for black leather (Bovine leather, 0.9~1.1 mm thick) with read stitching and they promptly started working on the steering grip. After taking the measurements, they stitched the pieces together and then started hand stitching the cover on my steering wheel. The counters on the steering wheel did give them a hard time - this was the first time they are doing the Punto steering wheel grip in leather, all the work they have done before was in Luster.

I was very satisfied to note that they were not satisfied with just stitching it up - they took time and tried different ways (using sponge like stuff, using cotton wool like stuff), and after each attempt, he was telling to himself 'I am not satisfied'. At last with the help of SR, he was able to get the counters done perfectly. After almost 2 hours of work, Jai now wears a perfectly tailored steering grip.

Contact info:

Shivakumar
    Mob: 9448685679
    landline:08042287635 (you can give my reference -Anoop, Wine color Punto)

Imperial Inc.,#387, 11th Cross,Vijaya Bank Layout, Bilekahalli, off Bannerghetta road.

Few snaps:

DSC_2126.jpg

DSC_2127.jpg

DSC_2129.jpg

DSC_2130.jpg

DSC_2133.jpg

DSC_2135.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    2 people like this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anoop the steering looks awsome with Red Stitching. I hope FIAT should give red stitching to gear knob and steering also, as they have red stiching for seat covers.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thanks Kedar. Red stitching on black really looks good.

I am tempted to get leather covers for gear knob and hand break leaver too, may be when I get the seat covers done - but it is a long way down the road.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Anoop how much you paid for this
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Kedar: Have PMed you the price
  10. ashish_kumar

ashish_kumar

WoW The way you take care of jai and get each thing done methodically. It rocks.

Where can I get a polish and coat job in Hyderabad?