1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Nice and interesting review on the Jay,
    Keep up the pictures posting with the wonderful greenery scene at the background..
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you Tony.

Will try to take some more pics during weekend and will post them.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Welcome aboard.

Your Brand new Tuscan Wine "Jai" looks smashing like Big B !
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

@VahanPujari: Thanks :)

Spent lot of quality time and showered some TLC on my Punto this weekend. Some updates:

Likes: More in love with the way Punto soaks up the bad roads and potholes.
    Did a small speed test and I love the way the car handles at triple digit speeds.
    Love the looks - Took some snaps and will add them at the end of the post.

Dislikes: The door warning alarm beeps when ever i get into a big pothole \ uneven
    road. Needs to get the door lock sensor checked.
    The lower glove box cover came off again. though I do not mind it, LOH is very much unimpressed with the way it keeps coming out - need to find a remedy to keep the cover in its place. Is my case a one off, or the glove box cover do keep coming out?
    The dashboard plastic is not easy to clean - My colleague's kid was all over the car screaming 'Ferrari' and he left lot of mud marks over the plastics - will need much more than a quick wipe to clean the passenger side dashboard.
    Lot of swirl marks and water marks on the body - I have specifically told not to apply any polish but it seems like some polishing have done. The plastic on the top of the bonnet (near the wiper) already started to fade off.

Some pics from the photoshoot:

1 person likes this.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The Pictures are great and cool to the Eye, hahahahahah
    Just do the usual polishing to the car on the rubber components like ORVM, Door handles and The plastic on the top of the bonnet (near the wiper), It will give a great finish to the Italian beauty and avoid parking from the Direct Sunlight.
    I like the TW Color (Toch Wood)
  6. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

The plastic is pretty easy to polish . Just get some dash board polish and use it on the plastic attached to the bonett also , infact it can be used on the rubber parts as well . The fading of the plastic is common in all cars , polo indica , maruti , all of them , even the scorpio and the safari . So you will need to polish them whenever you wash or clean your car .
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Anoop, which sunfilm have you opted for?
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Anoop, your doorvisors are not the FIAT ones right?
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@tony: thank you :) Will get some good polish soon. My parking is covered and I use car cover too. Do not want to leave the Italian beauty under sun.
    @gautamkhadse: Yeah, I know it fades in all cars but in my case, the fading was because the showroom guys did apply some polish which in not meant for plastics. I will get some good dashboard polish soon and will apply it. Thanks :)
    @gurjinder : Garware Classic is what i am using now.
    @Shams: I got them free from the dealership - never checked they are OEM or other. I have not seen OEM ones - does the OEM ones looks better? (I had specifically told them that I need transparent door visors)
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Hi Anoop, This is how the OEM ones look. Better or not..well.. that depends..