1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    are you going to paint door handles and mirrors.

If possible order chrome plated door handles of 90HP Punto. Chrome plated door handles looks very classy on TW color ;-)
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    great write up. jai is really handsome.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

@drarvindc: Thanks, will keep updating the ownership report and pics.

@Kedar: No plans to paint door handles and mirrors as of now. Chrome is a strict no-no for me. Personally, I do not even like the white grill of other variants. I did not know that Active have black grill while others have white\silver. I had made up my mind to get the grill blackened but fortunately, came to know that active comes with a black grill. I am tempted to black the wheel caps too - I am waiting for some free time to do some Photoshop mods to see how the blackened wheel caps will look.

@karan: Thanks!
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    hhhhmmm good. Do upload photoshop mod photos with black wheel caps.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Anoop, do not blacken the wheel caps. Remove the wheel caps instead. The steel rim beneath is already black though I am not sure how black would go with Tuscan Wine.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Kedar: Sure, will upload the pics after photoshopping.

@paddleshifter: Thanks, that is a good alternative. I will not do any cosmetic mods without playing in photoshop first :)
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Interesting and nicely scripted
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you, Mhitesh :)
  9. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

hey anoop did you find any alternative to FIAT central locking?
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Manu: I have got a lead from a fellow member of TBHP, but I have not decided where to go - to the accessory guy who is quoting 5.5K or to Concord who is quoting 9K. I think I will decide mostly by end of next week and will get it done.

Any members here who have got the central locking got done of Punto Active from CarPlus, West of Chord road? Any inputs about the shop?