1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Shashank: After much delibration, today i brought a pair of Neolights - they are much cheaper than hella. I will keep you updated about the installation - I am yet to find a good mech though.
    2 people like this.
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys go for Hella Ralayee 4000 lights they are the best in market. Here it costs 8k but i had bought mine from US for 110$ including Hella wiring kit.

It is still in US will be getting it by next month.

And for the installation process we need to weld brackets by removing the bumper and adding it to the front crash guard.

As in photoshop work hellas will look wonderful if it is put together and the space between them is less since i can see a bit of more space between them in the pic.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

@bharathj I agree that Hella Rallye 4000 is very good - in fact, there is no comparison between hella which costs 8K and Neolite which cost almost 1/10 of hella's price.

I have decided to go for neolite as it is more VFM than hella but later I have plans to go for good auxiliary lights like Lightforce, Hella, KC, Roo etc.

Do post pictures of installation when you get it done.

Can you share the link from where you for Rallye 4000 for 110$ including wiring harness? that price is a steal - on amazon, the light itself costs 110$ and the wiring harness costs 60$.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i Have these... total VFM for the price you pay, but yeah, they are flimsy... a friend who ran through the front of the car , failed to notice the light n hit it with his leg, and the reflector came out of the casing !!! hell, i wont worry, as i can buy a new one without thinking / worrying over the incident much !! :evilsmile:p .. the light spread is decent, nothing to boast about, but compared to my 100W in HL, this was very low. But the shop guy said, it can easily withstand 100W , but i was lil skeptical about that, hence didnt upgrade those bulbs, dont use those as driving lights mainly, i used it for Revenge purpose !!it was enough to make the trucks and tourists buses from opp dir coming in high beam to dip for me !! ;) . one more tip, make sure u place the switch as close as possible for easy reach during night time !! i m thinking of any ways to fix it steering in place of steering controls of emotion !!!
    do post the pic after installation here :)
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/electrica...-auxiliary-lights-punto-90hp-3.html#post87627
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Varun - sure bro. Need to find a guy to fix it. Stills lightly confused about the place to fix it - either I should fix it like Akshay have done for his linea (slightly heigher than your lights) or I should fix like the photoshop image I posted (much higher).. ee confusion theerkkaname... ;)
  6. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great Anoop... Try to fix with UNIBAR which one of our team member had installed ...
    1 person likes this.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Shashank: Unibar looks good - can you give me the link to the post on Unibar?

Need your help - I have made two photoshopped images - which one will be better in terms of light throw and lighting up of road? Revenge \ blinding of oncoming traffic is not a priority ;)

h1_small.jpg

h2.jpg
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Y dont you upgrade the bulb to Philips HID P8.. (Instead of doing all the mods), Its just plug in and play,
    Its worth..
  9. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Tony: i am not much of a fan of HIDs, unless they come factory fitted. Moreover, my requirment is just for the highway rides, for daily use, my NB+ is ok for me.

@Shashank: On TBHP I read that the Unibarused to cost about 2.2 to 2.5K a year back. There are guys dealing with this in Bangalore also. But the biggest let down for me is that, it seems like the bar gets mounted to the holes of the number plate. I do not want to mount the lights on bumper and my bumper does not have holes for number plate - I am using a sticker number plate. I would rather mount the lights directly on brackets which are welded to the metal part behind the bumper.

My hunt for a good place to fix the lights is still on - I visited couple of places last weekend. Among them, three guys agreed to get it done. The local guy quoted 800 INR and said he will get an electrician and will get the brackets done at some place nearby.
    The second shop (a much better equipped garage) quoted me 1K for labor and told me that they have facility to do all work (including welding, wiring etc) but somehow, his manner was not really confidence inspiring. Both these guys have not worked on a Puto before.
    The third guy said it will cost between INR 1200 to 1500. He have all the facilities in his garage and I personally know that he does a good job (my close friends Indica had been going to this garage for quite some time and recently another friend started getting his lancer serviced there). The biggest let down at this place was, they said they will try to get the work done in one day, but possibility, it may spill over to next day. I am sure you do not need one whole day to open the bumper, manufacture two L claps, spot weld them and get the wiring done for the aux lights – I plan to call him up again to see if he is free enough to get this work done in half a day.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013