1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. raj29

raj29 Superiore

+1 to What Ravi has said.

White stickers should be good. By the way, my stickers are silver and not white :)

Headlights upgrade to NB+ should suffice for the timebeing instead of additional lights. But i have seen a punto with the additinoal lights, dont remember where i saw it and also i dont have any details about it.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

@raj29: My bad - I think my eyes were playing some games with me that day. First I thought Soji's punto was SBB, and now this :)

Still in two minds about Abarthing - I think I have to earmark a ball park figure of 1.5K for the stickers, right?

I already have NB+ - I have been using it for some time now, and I want something more :)
  3. raj29

raj29 Superiore

noproblem Anoop

My abarth side stips were Premium cast Vinyl (as per the seller) and costed me 30 pounds.

am not sure how much stickering will cost locally in Bangalore but if you are going for normal stickering then the amount you have rounded should suffice!!
    1 person likes this.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Any idea from where can i download the abarth badges - planning to try some photoshop, so if I can get the vector files or just the side stripes, it will be really helpful.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

after some crude photoshopping:
    a2.jpg
    a1.jpg
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Anoop here are my views.

1) For the headlights you can upgrade to 90/100 bulbs with a relay in the existing headlamp. There are ratings above this, but it may cause problems in future like the reflector getting darkened, holder getting melt etc. There are many using this 90/100 with good results.
    2)Even I had the same Abarth stickering in my mind. But our car's color is holding me back. Somehow I didn't like the stripes on the bonnet. The side ones are ok. I think it would look better in a shade of silver than pure white.
    3) If you are looking for a good design sticker on the side I would suggest something like this. One of our member had this done in his BNW punto & it looks elegant.

punto.jpg

Cinju.
    5 people like this.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@Ciniju: Thanks for your views :)

I positively hate putting stickers on my car – I do not even use to put vinyl on my car when I used to play NFS. All my cars in NFS used to have only windshield decals.
    This Abarth fascination is the after effect of being mesmerized by theblack’s and raj29’s cars in person. I am not doing it immediately because I think this fascination may pass eventually. However, I seriously like the huge Abarth windshield sticker – maybe I should get it done alone.
    About the lights, I did consider the 90/100 upgrade, but for city drives, my NB+ is prefect. What I need is a good highway driving light. I think the spread and throw of light beam of a dedicated driving light will be better than the same of our headlights. Ah, confusion confusion confusion….
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@varun: afte rgoing through the thread, I think white stripes do not really go well with the TW color ;)
  10. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Photoshopped pic of Hella Fogs is just too good. Even i am thinking to install Fog Lamps of Hella. Please let me know the inputs ..how can we add bracket and so on..if you have any idea.