1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chronicles of Jai Sackett – 3 yr and 4th service update

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by anoop, Jun 16, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

Stupid koshun: My first service is around the corner - I brought the car on May 27th, so on nov 27th, the car will reach 6 month mark. I will not be around here during that time, so how many grace days I have to get the service done? I plan to leave to Kerala on 24th and will be back most probably by 29th or 30th.

Can I wait till December to get the car serviced, or is it better if I get it serviced by mid November itself?
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Always better to get it done before the date, just to avoid any potential warranty issues later on.

That said, our Linea is a full MONTH (31 March purchase) overdue for its first service (checkup). The dealer never called to remind, and we also forgot. The car is yet to go for its first service, but has gotten the rear axle replaced already. There is a bit of flexibility in the service + warranty schedule i would assume.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First servicing is nothing but some check-ups. Shouldn't take more than couple of hours. I suggest get it done in NOv itself.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you @ravi and @gurjinder - will try to get it done this month itself - will try for this month mid.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

just back from Prerana, kudlu gate - got the first service done. There was no issues, so there was nothing much to check. The SA was Surendra, and this time also, it was nice dealing with him.
    When I got the car, there was a minor scratch on the front right door - I showed them that and they guys who does the 3M care fixed it using some rubbing compound from 3M. In retrospect, I think I should have done it myself.

The car was very dirty inside and it was cleaned thoroughly before handing it over to me - overall, a pretty satisfying first service.

The bill came to 100 INR, for windscreen washer and other top ups.
  6. Hi Guys,

i just upload a video on youtube to help you all to find is your CSC is metal or plastic:
    this video is taken om my punto which is May 2011 make.

VIDEO0005.3gp - YouTube

hope this will help most of you to figure out csc.
    thanks
    neeraj
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

@drive drift: thank you for the video.

Well, not much to update here and that is why mainly this thread is sleeping. Adding few pics I took when we went out yesterday -the car was waxed 3 weeks back.

DSC_3904.jpg

DSC_3909.jpg

DSC_3912.jpg
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Well the 1st snap looks awkward ..something like the Beauty & the Beast :boxer. Hi hi just kidding Anoop. The owner & car looks great. I am having lot of swirl marks on my bonnet yaar .
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Swirl Marks? on your bonnet? How come man? Treat her asap :)

He he he - you said it correct. Don't I look like :devil
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Anoop boss, Fantastic pics,but still you lag behind Punto in terms of looks:mrgreen:.Even I am having swirl marks on my Car.Please share some start up steps to get rid of it. Or else pls PM your contact number. Will contact you if you dont have any concerns.