1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chrome exhaust tips for Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by sadanandbondade, Oct 20, 2011.

1. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Kiran Thnx bro.. will be changing it today only...

@ganges I don't think water clogging issue with the current position as it already in downward position..
    1 person likes this.
  2. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Kiran I have changed the position, but don't u think the real exhaust pipe has downward position which get block with the new exhaust side wall making overall exhaust process a bit hurdle in doing so.

While doing so, nut position got loose (local item doesn't have that much stability) . Now anyhow i have made it tighten some how but not sure how last it can be hold :(

@ALL Just Plan ahead and tighten the exhaust only once so make sure next time u don't have to make it position changed otherwise u'll also loose the fitting then after like me..

IMAG0456.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    You are Welcome Aashish Bro !!! I have exactly the same doubt as you do. I am not sure, but I felt like experiencing my GP to struggle a bit in times when it usually doesnot in traffic. I felt like some thing is clogging the exhaust and the car keeps lugging (occassionally). Earlier I had driven through a puddle of rain water at quite some speed and that day I had this check engine warning light on through out the travel. Next day it vanished. Another incident happend few days later where my tank was almost dry as I was stuck in a huge traffic jam. Since then I felt there is lack of power or may be like some one else has mentioned, the acclerator has problem. And yet again after installing the chrome exhaust tip, the car doesnot respond properly some times. And most of the time it behaves normally.
    I would like to ask experts here, if there is an obstacle, say something like exhaust tip in the above posted pics, will the car have issues with pickup and does unavailability of free flow of exhaust air makes the car lugg?
    May be our friends here who have installed the exhaust tip can share their experts if they are having similar experiences as mentioned above after installing the exhaust tip.
  4. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    well this seems to be straight.. if any thing is blocking the exhaust then it will be having performance issue. Until and unless the exhaust is not able to smoke out the residue then the engine will be loaded more as usual to make sure it exhaust should be move out as quickly as possible and for that engine will be doing extra work to do so.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    May be I need to re-fit the exhaust tip a bit more protruding outside. The mechanic who installed it seems to have fitted it extremely inside where the bend of the actual exhaust seems to touch the inner part of the after market one. It does seem like the exhaust gases will be blocked.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i havent seen any difference in my drive no matter what is the speed.
    I have also driven with lugging.
    Well the gas coming out will have enough pressure which doesnt leads to deposits of carbon.Yesterday i have checkd for carbon deposit on the tip and i didnt saw huge deposit rather thin layer of carbon which is common as per my knowledge.
  7. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Check mine as well, its for some 200 bucks...

19615-enves-ride-exotic-red-punto-90-hp-img_2343.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @enve Ur exhaust position seems to be perfect as it somewhat in downward position just like the real one..so this won't be blocking any exhaust process..
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ashish dont worry,its not going to harm drastically....
    i'm already using it for more than a month now.
    Yes you need to make out time to clean the exahaust tip to remove the deposited carbon or your exhaust tip is looking more black....

the engine performance goes down when you find the carbon deposits inside the engine i.e combustion chamber,injectors,valves,throttle body etc etc.....
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Received mine today. Will put it tomorrw and post some pics.
    1 person likes this.