1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Child Seat Restraint System - Baby/Child car seat

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Ravi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was looking for car seat for my 3 month old daughter, and i found, in Punto manual, that Fiat has specific seats/child restraint system.
    I enquired with Fiat, and see below their reply.

I finally bought Britax Seat, cost 11.5K. Very good product and my daughter is happy. Can be used as both front and back seating.

http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/car-seats/first-class-plus

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
    Relativity, sanjeevskartha and ramjn like this.
  2. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Good to know about the fiat accessory. I do use a child seat in my car.

Has anybody tried using the centre seat belt in the rear seats for the child seat? I am not sure how safe that is.

Also another issue is the upholstry of these seats cannot be changed or washed.
    Does the model you mention allow you to remove the upholstry?
  3. aarenes

aarenes

Mumbai
    @Ravi - glad to know you purchased a car seat. Not many people take safety seriously.

My kid has turned older now and plan to purchase a nice booster seat. The only decent ones I found were at shoppers stop and they too were china made. My search is on. If anybody has experience buying a booster seat in India, let me know.
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The child seat should never be used in Center rear seat. It must be properly used with 3-way seat belts only.

Upholstry of these seats can't be taken out, but you can maintain/clean it similarly as normal fabric seat covers.
  5. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    I doubt you would anything non-Chinese in the market. I have seen(in pune) that the ones available in high end retail stores and the ones in some big kids toy stores/ or car accessories shop are pretty much the same except the retail chains charging a premium. All are made in china (i.e non branded).

I started using the seat since my kid was about a year old and no on the spot cleaning could clean it properly. Finally i had hose down the entire seat.. It worked :clapping
    I have changed my seat covers now and a minor irritant is the car seat colours don't quite gel with the rest of the seat.
  6. Almost all (branded or non-branded) are made in China only. I saw some Graco Child Seats @Mother Care. I would say don't be worried about the Made In Country, instead go for a good brand, that you at-least you would be sure of the Quality Control.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The one i had taken is from UK.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    See how it fits to Punto rear seat -

IMG00026-20110721-1030.jpg
  9. Alec8100

Alec8100

The most important thing in it choose a seat that is suitable for your child's weight and height.It is illegal to carry a child in a rear-facing child seat in the front, which is protected by an active frontal airbag.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    There seem to be two kinds of car seats for babies - one that uses the seat belts to tie the seat and another that has a "Latch" system or isofix that is provided by the car manufacturer. I know Ford Ecosport has the Latch system but not sure about my Fiat Punto.

Those of you who use a baby car seat or know what kind of seats will the Fiat allow, please let me know. I plan to buy a good car seat from amazon for my 5 month old as the cost including shipping is less than some of the car seats available in India. And there isn't a a lot available here, the collection is rather limited.

Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Please search before creating new thread.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2014 ---
    Thanks for merging.

@Ravi - Does Punto have the Latch & Teethers or you need to install the seat using the seat belts?
    Also, there are no attachments found in this thread so what exactly is the Fiat Child Restraint system?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014