1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chikkamagaluru, KA - My Second Punto Trip!!!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by pra.agar, Jul 6, 2015.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Sharing my second travelogue which was to Chikkamagaluru, KA on 27 -28th June' 2015!
    My Wife and I wanted to celebrate our Anniversary away from Bengaluru plus it was a weekend, that's when we started looking for places near Bengaluru and shortlisted Chikkamagaluru. I'd been to Chikkamagaluru with my office team once, we booked a homestay where we were charged 2.5K per person and the food was pathetic plus the itinerary was fixed, so we decided to avoid homestay and rather go with hotel booking with our own itinerary.

Hotel Booking: Booked Grand Krishna, Chikkamagaluru for 2 nights for 3.5K.
    Pros : Center of City, Good Restaurant, Good Staff
    Cons : Small Rooms, No proper parking space.

A Day before traveling: Got my car checked at FASS for any oil leakage, Tire pressure, Brake Pads & coolant topup and refuelled full tank and we were all set to travel.

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/fefzT

Day 1: Left from Bangalore at 5:15 AM and reached The Chennakesava Temple, Belur at 8:40 AM with 2 Pitstops. Most of our drive was on 4 lane roads with beautiful weather. The moment we reached Belur it started Raining which made the temple look more beautiful. Spent about 1 hrs in the temple. The Beauty about the temple is the Pillars and Sculptures. Started for our hotel at 10:00 AM and reached by 11:00 AM, because now the drive is all 2 way lane and it was raining.

Few Snaps from the Temple and Chikkamagaluru.

IMG_5107.JPG

IMG_20150627_094057.jpg

IMG_5096.JPG

IMG_5065.JPG

Sculptures

IMG_5068.JPG

IMG_5072.JPG

IMG_5040.JPG

IMG_5114.JPG

After few hours of rest and lunch we headed for Mullayanagiri Peak. Before reaching mullayanagiri, say about before 1 KM the lane in one way and due to rain the 20% of the roads were mud road which made many vehicle struggle to reach the peak. Punto drove away like a charm :) Once u reach the 50th out of 500 steps you can feel the cold wind-gusts blow on your face. Due to fog the visibility was not that clear but once the wind clears the fog one can see the deep valleys with lush green vegetation below.

IMG_5166.JPG

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5142.JPG

IMG_5155.JPG

IMG_5168.JPG

IMG_5172.JPG

IMG_5201.JPG

Back to the Hotel by 7:30 PM

Day 2: Next day started for ButterMilk Falls/Sagir Ahmed falls ( Hebbe Falls is closed for tiger reserve), parked the vehicle 4 KM away from falls, hired a Jeep for 150/- per person for round trip to the falls. Don't expect much from the fall, its a small fall and beware of leach. Luckily we didn't encounter any. Do carry some salt to apply in case of leach.

IMG_5230.JPG

IMG_5249.JPG

Drive to the Falls via Local Jeep
    IMG_20150628_131242.jpg

Bababudangiri Cave
    IMG_5261.JPG

IMG_5253.JPG
    Turbothinghy and Ravi like this.
  2. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Contd..
    Bababudangiri Cave

IMG_5262.JPG

IMG_5276.JPG

Manikyadhara Falls

IMG_5283.JPG

IMG_5284.JPG

IMG_5287.JPG

IMG_5293.JPG

IMG_5303.JPG

IMG_5305.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5307.JPG

Somewhere between Manikyadhara Falls & Bababudangiri.

IMG_5323.JPG

IMG_5331.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5362.JPG

And started for Bangalore at 6:00 PM from Chikkamagaluru City and reached by 9:00 PM.

Disclaimer : Reviews and Ratings are based on my personal experience. Routes taken during this trip is what best suited my plan and hence not enforced to follow the same. Photographs share in this thread is clicked by My Wife and Me.
  3. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks for the writeup and Nice pics. GP stills looks way more elegant and timeless compared to Evo.
    pra.agar likes this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @pra.agar : Super Pics. C'mglur is a treat for eyes in Monsoon.
    @gazgotta : You nailed it. GP is a class. Evo may be for the mass :p :)
    pra.agar likes this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Superb pics. Especially last but 3rd pic. Postcard one! C'mglur looking fresh soaked in rains
    pra.agar likes this.
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Superb pics @pra.agar . I had been to this part of the country just after moonsoon last year in October.

We visted Kudremukh, Horanadu, Kalasa and Sringeri. These places are just awesome.

We are planning a trip to Chikmaglur ,Murdeswar and near by areas as well. Lets see when does it materialize.

I have a thread on my Kudremukh trip on TFI as well. I can relive my experience seeing your pics.

Superb mate. Keep up your travel.
    pra.agar likes this.
  7. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Nice one mate.. Photos are very good...
    pra.agar likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful pics buddy. Punto played its part well !
    pra.agar likes this.
  9. kishorekrs

kishorekrs Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Nice photography mate!! You have chosen a right place to celebrate your anniversary. A sweet memory to cherish. ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2015 ---
    Definitely GP looks way better than EVO. It makes me feel envious on GP owners whenever I see them on road. :banghead::shifty:
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    pra.agar and Deepak like this.