1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chewing Gum on Headlights/Car Surface

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Sumit Jagdale, Sep 16, 2011.

1. rider60

rider60

hyderabad
    all right here is the best way that worked for me,

most chewing gums are maida/wheat flour based,
    things you need are
    #1 warm/hot water.
    #2 wheat flour
    #3 two pieces of soft cloth.
    #4 a paper or waste cup

now soak the chewing gum stuck area with hot water for some time with the help of one of the cloth pieces, now mix a little (say a tea spoonful) of the flour in the hot water in the cup, one the gum becomes soft after soaking apply this mix on the gum of the car. now soak the mixture and the gum on the car with more hot water and try to rub it once its soft. it should come away...

EDIT: i know i bumped an old thread but i sincerely hope this solution works for you guys.
    advice: dont freeze the gum for all you know it will just get stuck all the more harder!!!
    tried this once during my childhood when i accidentally stuck chewing gum in my sisters hair, thank god it worked like a charm and she dint have to part with her hair. phew, it worked then it should work now for the car too. all the best.
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  2. vikassharma

vikassharma Novizio

Rewalsar, Mandi
    No need to make new experiments guys, we have easy solution:

1) Ice Cube Method
    OR
    2) Use Diesel
    OR
    3) Engine OIL

Diesel works on almost anything. :)

PS: Engine Oil on Painted Surface will damage paint, so don't forget to clean the surface.
  3. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Just spray some water and remove with the help of a toothpick or something similar.
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would suggest to use Petrol or Paint Thinner to remove gum from the headlamps.