1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chevrolet SAIL U-VA, coming soon to India, with 1.3 SDE! (Fiat's 1.3 MJD)

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Avinash, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Chevrolet is soon going to launch SAIL U-VA with 1.2 and 1.3 liter, petrol and diesel mill.

The complete review of the car is at Autocar. Chevrolet Sail U-VA review, test drive and video | Review | Autocar India

It looks good! Decent specs, and the pricing seems to be good too! Should definitely give some competition to Swift ddis!

The war of the hatch-backs is getting hotter day by day! And now with SAIL 1.3 SDE, am pretty sure Punto 1.3 MJD (75hp version) will surely take some beating here in few numbers.

Now, Swift, Vista, Beatz, Ritz, Ertiga, SX-4, Rio, Manza, and the latest entry SAIL U-VA all use FIAT's MJD tech!

One day i wish to see all cars in India running with FIAT's own MJD, but only hope i see few FIAT cars too running with it's own MJD! :confused:

'' The new tagline, ''Choose to Sail'' with Sail or ''Choose to Cruze'' with Cruze! The choice is yours! But choose Chevrolet! '' :D
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. This is not good handling car, at least petrol sibling , other than little better initiators there is nothing in this that is better than punto.
    May be NVH.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    a journo friend who is out with this for a drive just commented that its tuning and power delivery is better than all other cars with this engine...lets check it out ourselves :)
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No offense mate. The same Autocar guys rated Honda City to be more fun and better buy after comparing it with T-Jet and Vento Petrol. :)

I never go by the reviews of auto mags or forums. I believe in myself after driving.
    3 people like this.
  5. Rightly said...Why is fiat selling its masterpiece tech engine to everyone??just to recover the losses?I wont be surprised if HM roll out new Ambassador with 1.3 MJD engine..:hit
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FYI, Its not autocar or any other mag...
    yeah.. for proper understanding, we hav to drive it n see
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Forget autocar or overdrive, we (Motorbeam) test drive new Sail. Read review Maruti Swift vs Chevy Sail

We reviewed Sail and Swift. Please have a look Motorbeam official Chevy Sail review.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    The front look is actually imposing and the rear totally opposite. But where will GM place this car - they already have Beat MJD which retails for close 6.5L OTR in Chennai and this car doesn't look like premium hatches ala Polo, i20. They can't price it similar to Beat - if they do it'll cannibalize it's own products instead of cutting market share from elsewhere.
    1 person likes this.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Good Tagline by Chevy :). From Motorbeam review what Kedar posted the above links, SAIL is not looking bad, from my view its looking big and better than swift.

Once It will come to our road we can check the same with all details.

Swift vs Sail.jpg

Photo copy write ( Motorbeam)
    1 person likes this.
  10. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The sail might be fall in sgement like this -
    Figo-Beat-Vista-Ritz
    Punto-i20-Polo-Swift-Fabia-Sail

Pricing of Sail 2nd model will be similar to Beat top model.