1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chevrolet Optra Magnum Vs Fiat Linea Diesel

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Sep 5, 2012.

1. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Magnum is a rocket when its in turbo zone,cant even compare it with linea in terms of power,one of ma friend owns both Linea and magnum,he says "for power its magnum & for ride comfort & handling its Linea".Avg FE is 14 for magnum.I always had a tough time in keeping in pace with magnum in ma Linea,but things change after 100kmph.Linea offers a more confident ride on triple digit speeds and better on braking department.

He may buy another car after selling his 4 month old magnum,and will keep the Italian beauty as his all time favourite car. IMG_8502.jpg IMG_8506.jpg IMG_8512.jpg

Ma BNW Italian Beauty with Magnum
    3 people like this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    After looking Linea & Optra side by side, I feel from heart Linea need bigger engine ( 1.9 twin turbo, if not 1.6 MJD2 VGT). Now I feel deeply why Customer lost faith while other competitor are growing and FIAT is going downwards.:A
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. asif

asif

Trivandrum
    Most of the customers buy a car just after comparing specs given on papers.Linea defintely needs a bigger engine when competition is considered,but its not that underpowered as some reviews says,its always have enough power to live with in our traffic situations,low on maintanence and offers good FE.As a linea owner i'm 100% happy with ma car.All you have to do is just slot the Linea into the right gear,then u will find your smiles go wider.All I know is "I'M ADDICTED".& I have solid reasons for it.

If some one thinks our roads are race trackz please dont go for Linea,its engineered to enjoy the drive to its maximum extend to an average Indian customer & to know what FIAT is all about one should really own & drive one,reviews cant help.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  4. Ramesh ji , looks like you once concidered Optra ? Know all the details . Alas.. Another useful car becoming non extinct .. :)

Ajit

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Yes Paaji , now I remember your remark ..

Car looks very normal . But size wise it is bigger than caaaars and other cars .Leave alone linea .

Any reason why they are discontinuing it ? Spares / ASS problem ?

Ajit

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Both looks beautiful in BNW ..

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Asif , i dont think that majority in India dont even compare specs . If that is the case , dejires / manzas / hyundais wont be sold in this big numbers . Fiat cars would be sold in '0000a month and will be having waiting periods of half a year .. In a way good for us that it is not the case :)

When Nissan Sunny was launched with a caaaar statement , people think that it is the longest car . But if they compare the specs with linea people can understand the fact . Here all go by the crowd .

Ajit

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Suman , unfortunately that is not going to happen :)

If atleast they give a hint of introducing any of these bigger engines in india , i am happy to wait till 2013 to get it and will be one of the first bookings.

Ajit
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Keep an eye ::pP on SKODA rapid
  6. Brother , Ganges .. please not again .. I didnt started this thread with a question of which car to buy . My new car will be a Linea Dynamic or emotion variant .Period .

I started this thread ONLY to compare between optra magnum and fiat linea . :)

Ajit
    2 people like this.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    That is very Bad practise of FIAT. I booked my Car on June 10 th 2010, and got the Car on 26th June, There was no news or information from FIAT, I was telling all my connection that If FIAT could plonk the Linea engine, then this would have been better. After getting the Car suddenly I heard on 14th July Fiat launched 90HP Punto ( INR 35000 extra from Emotion Pack).

I was about to Kill FIAT for not informing or any hints, I must waited for 1-2 months if I got these information on June 2010. So you don't know what FIAT will do and when.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    IMHO,

Both the cars are nice... But if you want RAW power, Optra Magnum it is... Its Awesome in terms of power delivery... Once its in Turbo Range, it pushes you back into the seats... and can take you over 200 KMPH comfortably....

But when you consider Looks, F.E, Maintenance cost, Ride Quality etc.than Linea steals the show... Its sufficiently power as well.

Agreed that Turbo Lag is there in Optra Magnum but its there in Linea as well...

Whenever I have driven Optra Magnum, I had no issues whatsoever regarding its braking abilities and it was very well controlled ride. It was as good as Linea to me atleast. It also had superb steering feedback like Linea.

@ Bose Suman - as you rightly mentioned, Cruze is a beast when you consider it only in terms of Power... But IMHO, it has horrible steering feedback... It doesnt provide enough confidence in you to take it on high speeds... Though coz. of its sheer power it can exceed 200+kmph mark very easily when compared to Optra, but Optra gives you that confidence through its steering which makes u to take it over 200+ Kmph.To me, In Handling department optra wins handsdown against Cruze.

Optra looks dated and so its Engine... As Gurji Paaji rightly said... deriving 120 BHP from 2 liter Engine in 2012's era is just not enough...

Without any doubt... Linea offers better overall package... :up
  9. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    That's absolutely true. Cruze wasn't able to catch up with Linea MJD (87hp 2009 model) at speeds above 150kph, due to inferior handling and steering feedback, when compared to Linea MJD. Had it been a straight stretch, obviously, Cruze is far better for highway cruising.