1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chevrolet Optra Magnum Vs Fiat Linea Diesel

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cuty Red, Sep 5, 2012.

1. With a 2 ltr engine , 125 PS of power and 305 Nm of torque , as per specs can we say that this car is worth the money ?
    Chennai Ex showroom Price
    1.3L Linea Emotion 952,328
    Optra Magnum 2.0 LT AAC TCDi BS4 976997

I have not driven this car . Does any friends in our forum has got a chance to compare this car against Linea ?

While comparing all the sedans that cost < 10 lk ex showroom , I find that only this car is worth comparing against Fiat Linea Emotion .

Any comments ?

Ajit
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ajit - This car has been dis-continued couple of months back, don't think so you can get anymore. Are you eyeing this?
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I've driven that vehicle. Wonderful engine, but Massive turbo lag, and its gonna be discontinued very soon. Linea is a way better choice IMO.
    Regards.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Magnum TCDI has too much of turbo lag. But, once you are in turbo range, it is a rocket. I personally like this car eventhough the interiors are outdated. The maintenance and running cost of Magnum is way higher than the Linea.

For Magnum, you need to service (oil change) the car every 3 months or 5k kms. Also, the FE is much much lesser than that of Linea. In city you may get around 11-12 and on highway you will end up with 14-16.

Finally, don't get confused. Magnum has been discontinued and you can't get a new car.
  5. :) No yaar not since it is dis continued ... But seeing in the chev site , with auto sun roof and other features I thought that atleast there is some thing that can be compared to Linea .

Ajit

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Jishnu , If it was not discontinued , I would have thought about it :)

Ajit
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Ajit, If you need more power and looking except linea, then go with Chevrolet Cruze. It will be the different segment, but I can say its a Beast.

Cruze in Chennai.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  7. Thanks Ramesh .. I belive the maintenance cost for all Chev is high .

And yeah .. no confusion since it is discontinued .. :)

Ajit

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

LOL , Suman bhai , If I was that rich to buy and maintain a Cruze at this point of time , I would have already ordered a punto sport in exotic red ,a cruze again in velvet red by now for sure :p

Ajit
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3

Ok :). Then go for Linea :p. As other said Optra is a good car, but outdated, may be refresh is on the way.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sunroof was provided in Optra only on Petrol variant.

There is no refresh planned for Optra. Chevy will soon launch Sail as a entry level sedan. That is it.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I once remarked on TFI that dinosaurs became extinct millions of years ago but they left the Optra behind. :)

It looks really dated mate. Plus, 120hp from 2000cc's in 2012 is not an efficient way to produce power. The 2.0 engine is best left to the Cruze.