1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Valparai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by cvanandh, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys I am planning for a trip to Valaparai next month on my Punto...whats the best route to follow?

Not sure if I cant make till Valapari hill drive, is it easy to do hill drive?? The only experience I have on hill drive is to Tirupati, what about the hairpin bends and road condition?

or is it a good idea to take a cab from Coimbatore? pls advice.
  2. driveit

driveit Amatore

chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hill drive wouldn't be an issue I think. I took my first hill drive at Yercaud last month. Only thing is while going upward either in 1st or 2nd gear based on slope level. Don't try to shift from 2nd to 3rd when moving into slope vehicle may come to halt. While coming down be in the gear always, don't be in neutral (You may need to practice for sure!!).

At any condition 1st gear always a helper. Don't press the pedal heavily, let it go gradually (you w'll love it!!)
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chennai-Ulundurpet-Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Valparai.

The ghat road to Valparai has got 40 hair pin bends and the road may be little narrow at times. Definitely you shouldn't drive after sunset.

BTW, do remember that Valparai in April-May may be hot. And you do not have anything to do at Valparai with very less but expensive stay options. Do keep this in mind.
    punto_emotion and dhinas like this.