1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Valparai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by cvanandh, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Actually, there is something fishy about the Chennaisamudiram and SriPerembudur toll's. If you examine them, both these toll plaza's do not have the automatic gates and also unlike the others, there are no personnel seated outside the toll booth involved in writing down your vehicle's number.

What I mean to say is that you need not pay in these as they never try to stop you if you deny payment. I have never paid in these two toll plazas for the past 4 to 5 months. Try it the next time, just look straight and drive ahead, no one will bother to stop you.

@teky, I have not tried the method of flashing the lights though!
  2. Hi Anandh, interesting travelogue. Excellent photos.

Thanks for the update.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Which toll plazas did you try this magic at, teky? Please enlighten us.:)
  4. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    oh teky,

seems u learned the technic so fast,thats why you are called teky.ha ha ....

@Ravi sir,what cvanandh told is true,this technic applicable for sripermandur and chengelpat toll gate.

don't see the toll collector,go slowly but never stop,stick to left most lane.

my friend has a scorpio he never use to pay to any of the toll gates,
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, linealover, for the enlightenment. Let me try this during my next Chennai trip!
  6. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    you are most welcome sir,

even if they block your way,smile with confidence say local pa...

keep moving slowly.
  7. harish

harish

8. wou

wou

9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    NIce travelogue anand palio looks great. what about Aliyar Dam, Anamalai ?? did you go as its on the way to walparai !
  10. Thanks Vijay! We did not go to the dam as we were already running late and wanted to cross the check post before it was too dark. I believe that the view points en-route is much better than visiting the dam when it comes to choose between the two.
    1 person likes this.