1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Thrissur - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by afzalpa, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't have any details on these routes or food suggestion, but don't worry too much about these.
    You already have so much details, any restaurants looks good, try out the food. Keep few things to explore yourself, you will enjoy that :).
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Shri Sangeetas, near Central Bus Stand, Trichy. It is open from 6 am to midnight. Ample car parking.

3.JPG 2.JPG IMG_1411.JPG
    ram1234 and ramjn like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There is no concept of Quick Dharshan or Special Dharshan at Guruvayur. There is only one queue for the Dharshan and the time will depend on the crowd on that day.

Guruvayur - Thrissur - Chalakudy - Perumbavoor - Vazhappily - Kanjirapally - Erumeli - Pamba

My earlier recommendation on the route was based on the assumption that you are planning for visiting Kanyakumari too. If that is not in your list, the shortest distance from Trivandrum to Madurai is,

Trivandrum - Nedumangad - Thenmala - Tenkasi - Rajapalayam - Madurai

On this route, you can think about visiting Courtallam too (near Tenkasi). Bathing is allowed 24 hours at Courtallam falls.

In Trivandrum, there is one 'Aryaas' opposite side of Trivandrum Central and next to KTDC Hotel Chaitram.

If you are taking the route through Tenkasi, Hotel Ananda at Rajapalayam is EXCELLENT.

Sabareesh. Near Meenatchi Sundareswarar Temple.

Already recommended by Ravi Ji. It is Sangethaa any day for me in Trichy. :)
    J Ravi and ram1234 like this.
  4. ram1234

ram1234 Timido

hyderabad
    Thrissur
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Ravi /Ramjn

Ramjn

Please suggest me for below
    Any Good Veg-Hotel for Dinner in Pollachi or Guruvayoor
    Any Good Veg-Hotel for breakfast in Thrissur :

Guruvayur - Thrissur - Chalakudy - Perumbavoor - Vazhappily - Kanjirapally - Erumeli – Pamba………? How is the route
    Trivandrum - Nedumangad - Thenmala - Tenkasi - Rajapalayam – Madurai…………………? How is the route as google shows most of the journey is in forest
    I am happy for the Help you have done and Many Thanks RamJn :)
    Everything is clear thanks :)
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ram,

I am yet to experience a Tasty restaurant in Guruvayur. :) Try any restaurant which you feel in decent. You have good restaurants in Pollachi. I forgot the name. It is on the way to Dharapuram on the right side. Actually, you can try any hotel in Pollachi. Chances are less that it won't be good.

You will have ghat section between Nedumangad - Thenmala - Tenkasi. Once you cross this, it will be a smooth 2 lane NH till Madurai. Also, if time permits you can visit the Andal Temple at Srivilliputtur. It is the Temple Gopuram of Srivilliputtur which make the official emblem of TN Govt. :)
  6. ram1234

ram1234 Timido

hyderabad
    Thrissur
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Ramjn /All

For the inputs, I will be starting my tip on 20th Nov and ending on 24 Nov Back Home

will post my comments on 25th Nov
    Thanks every one :)
  7. afzalpa

afzalpa Timido

chennai
    From: Perundurai to Guruvayoor Via Perundurai – Dharapuram - Pollachi- Palakkad- Ottapalam - Pattambi- Guruvayur Hope will reach by 10pm Night

road between KUNNAMKULAM - GURUVAYUR is in bad condition

Total Distance:250 Km ( ViA Thrissur Ernakulam and Kottayam Erumali) Please suggest me any best route which u feel is Better ………………….?
    Any Good Place for Break Fast at Thrissur…………………? (Please) and Lunch also on the way to sabarimala ……? Please…………………..?

you can try HOTEL PATHANS in thrissur.[/QUOTE]
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Kunnamkulam-Guruvayur stretch was always average. If this has become bad, then it would be better to drive through Choondal. May be 5-10 kms. more. My Linea has always struggled in the Kunnamkulam-Guruvayur stretch.