1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Thrissur - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by afzalpa, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ram1234

ram1234 Timido

hyderabad
    Thrissur
    Linea 1.4
    HI Ramjn/sree 3070

I am Traveling from Sabarimala to Hyderabad
    From Sabarimala will reach guruvayoor on 22 Nov 4014 on my way back to Hyderabad (From Guruvayoor on 23rd Nov will reach Thrissur from Thrissur please suggest me the best route to reach Salam on My way back to Hyderabad
    Please Suggest me the best route to reach Salem from Thrissur ?
    I am Traveling in Vento (Car with low ground clearance) (I found Thrissur , palakkad and coimbatore route is in Construction and not worthy to travel from your post) Please suggest me the best route to reach Salem… and go on to NH7 to Hyderabad
    Ram
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you do not have a reason to visit Thrissur, avoid it.

Guruvayur-Pattambi-Ottapalam-Palakkad-Pollachi-Dharapuram-Karur.

It is NH7 from Karur.
    kailasmenon2000 likes this.
  3. ram1234

ram1234 Timido

hyderabad
    Thrissur
    Linea 1.4
    Ramjn

If time permits I am planning to have Darshan at Bhavani also (But it will be based on the time I start from Guruvayur)
    Please suggest me route from Polachi to reach Bhavani and also Any Good Vegetarian Restaurants to have Lunch before I reach Selam.
    (On the way to polachi in my last journey around 7 years back, I found windmills on both side of the rout , Please tell me the Place name) it was a beautiful Place.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2014 ---
    Ramjn Added to to above route

Please suggest me the best route from (Madurai, Tamil Nadu) to Sabarimala (Pamba)
    In some reviews if found Theni to kumily road is bad (But I don’t know what is the current condition as sabarimala season started roads mat have been repaired) Please suggest me the Best route from Madurai to Sabarimala (Pamba)
    And Good Vegetarian Restaurants to have Lunch (I will start at Madurai at 11.30 to Sabarimala (I have a night stay at madhuri and after Meenakshi Amman darshan will start to sabarimala)) based on it suggest me a good vegetarian hotel
    Thanks
    Ram
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    From Pollachi, you can take Pollachi-Dharapuram-Kangeyam-Perundurai-Bhavani. The roads are excellent to drive. No Worries. There are hundreds of Windmills between Pollachi and Udumalaipettai and also on the way to Dharapuram as well. For lunch, plan at Sri Annalakshmi on the NH-47 which will be located on the right side if you drive towards Salem.

DSCN1423.JPG

From Madurai, it has to be Madurai - Theni - Cumbam - Kumily - Vandiperiyar - Mundakayam - Erumeli - Pamba.
    In Madurai, try at Sabareesh Hotel for breakfast. For Lunch, break at Theni at Hotel Aryas which will be located on your right side while driving towards Cumbam. If I remember correctly, Aryas should be opposite to an IOC Pump.
  5. ram1234

ram1234 Timido

hyderabad
    Thrissur
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Ramjn :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2014 ---
    Ramjn Added to to above routes (For information)

Please suggest me the best route from (Madurai, Tamil Nadu) to Sabarimala (Pamba) via Trivandrum, Kerala (I don’t have any idea about the route please suggest the good road)

And Good Vegetarian Restaurants on the way from Madurai to sabarimala via Trivandrum, Kerala
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ram, I have already posted the route in my earlier post. :)
    Read it again.
  7. ram1234

ram1234 Timido

hyderabad
    Thrissur
    Linea 1.4
    Ramji

I am asking route to sabarimala from madurai via Trivandrum, Kerala (to have darshan of anantha padmanabha swamy Trivandrum)
    hope this will be diff route via NH7
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It should be,

Madurai - Tirunelveli - Kanyakumari - Trivandrum - Kilimanoor - Kottarakara - Adoor - Pathanamthitta - Vadasserikkara - Pamba
  9. ram1234

ram1234 Timido

hyderabad
    Thrissur
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Ramjn
  10. ram1234

ram1234 Timido

hyderabad
    Thrissur
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Ramjn / All
    Note: Question mark indications (“…?”) and highlighted underlined are for your suggestions Please.
    Day 1:
    Start time :7Am
    Anantapur (Andhra Pradesh) to Guruvayoor (Kerala)
    Road condition : 4 Lane NH7 and NH47 up to Perundurai (Tamilnadu) from there single road to Guruvayoor
    From: Perundurai to Guruvayoor Via Perundurai – Dharapuram - Pollachi- Palakkad- Ottapalam - Pattambi- Guruvayur Hope will reach by 10pm Night
    Booked Rooms at KTDC Guruvayoor for Night Stay
    I think I can go with Sri Annalakshmi for lunch on NH47 (Please suggest me Good Vegetarian restraint for Dinner in Pollachi or Guruvayoor )………………….?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day :2
    Early Morning : 4Am Darshan of Lord Krishna at Guruvayoor and start to Sabarimala
    Hope Darshan arrangement are made for quick Darshan
    Start time : 6 Am or 7 Am morning
    Guruvayoor to Sabarimal (Lord Ayyapa)
    Total Distance:250 Km ( ViA Thrissur Ernakulam and Kottayam Erumali) Please suggest me any best route which u feel is Better ………………….?
    Any Good Place for Break Fast at Thrissur…………………? (Please) and Lunch also on the way to sabarimala ……? Please…………………..?

Hope Reach Pamba by 7pm Evening and go For Lord Darshan
    Night Stay at Sabarimala (Rooms Are booked)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day:3
    Early Morning : 7 Am Start from Pamba to Madurai (Tamilnadu)
    Via : Vadasserikkara – Pathanamthitta – Adoor – Kottarakara – Kilimanoor – Trivandrum – Tirunelveli - Madurai
    Total Distance is 490 Km
    Road Condition : single road for 270 Km from Pamba to Kavalkinaru TamilNadu NH7 joining Point ) , from : Kavalkinaru TamilNadu NH7 to Madurai 4 Lane for 220 Km
    Planning to Have Darshan of Anantha padmanabha swamy Trivandrum with Break for 3 hours
    Please suggest me Good Place for Lunch in Trivandrum (With South Indian Hyderabad’i (Telugu Meal or Tamil meal) Please……………………..?
    Please suggest me Good Place for Lunch on the way to Madurai ………………………………….?

Hope we reach Madurai by 12 in The Night from Trivandrum
    Night Stay Rooms are booked at TTDC Madurai 1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Day:4
    Early Morning : 6Am Darshan of Meenakshi amman temple Madurai an d start to Trichy (trichy srirangam temple)
    Please suggest me Good Place for Breakfast in Madurai ……………………………?
    Total Distance is 170 Km
    Road Condition : NH45B (4 Lane)
    Please suggest me Good Place for Lunch in Trichy……………………………?
    From Trichy to Karur NH7 and Back to Anantapur my home town. (Via Salem and Bangalore)
    As I am with my Parents and Kids, I am asking the Please to have Good food (Please do not mind ) and many questions
    Please don’t mind :)
    Thanks
    Ram