1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Thrissur - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by afzalpa, Feb 3, 2014.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It was decent when I did this stretch in September last. But, the major pain in this section is the traffic (truck).
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    My relative also travelled this route a week back and he also mentioned the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Let us know the road conditions once you pass this section and reach your destination. Slim chances that I may use this section in the near future. Drive safe!
  4. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Friends...I travelled from Chennai to Thrissur yesterday. I strongly request you all to avoid Coimbatore-Palakkad-Thrissur route. There was huge traffic block in Valayar. We had to re route through a different route. And Palakkad-Thrissur stretch is under 4 lane construction. It was a pain driving through that stretch.
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I travelled from Thrissur to Chennai yesterday. I took Thrissur-Wadakkancherry-Kollengode-Pollachi-Palladam-Avinashi route. The drive through this route was a breeze (except for a 30 KM stretch from Thrissur to Wadakkancherry) compared to Palakkad-Coimbatore route.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have always suggested to avoid this route and instead go through Pollachi-Kollengode. I know the kind of pain you have gone through.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    I suggested Thrissur-Palakkad route only because couple of months back when I travelled through this route, the roads were good. Anyways until the 4 lane construction is over, its better to take the route you mentioned.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ I doubt if they will complete the construction anytime soon. :D
    It is being done for years now.
    1 person likes this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

Chennai
    But things are going fast I guess. When I travelled through Palakkad-Thrissur route on Feb, it was 2 lane only. But now they have managed to finish 10-15% into 4lane. Its not opened yet.
  10. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
    sreejith ... travel with 100% confidence I have done this route last week till Aluva as per the advice from Ramjn.. roads are in very good condition ... noting to worry about any thing and the route is very beautiful as well... only problem which I faced is could not find any good restaurants .. Ramesh give me some options I have missed those.. so end up eating lunch in Trissur at 4 ..PM... route will almost look like below pic especially the roads

IMG_20140508_140453.jpg
    3 people like this.