1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Thrissur - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by afzalpa, Feb 3, 2014.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    ^^

Ramesh,

I am looking for Chennai to Trichur. Was worried about this particular stretch :D
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you are looking for Chennai-Thrissur, you shouldn't go to Coimbatore at all if you want to avoid the under construction stretches.
  3. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore
    The stretch is pretty much completed from Chengapalli till Neelambur except for very minor deviations which doesn;t exceed a km. The only problem is there are many speed breakers.

But for Trichur, the route provided by you is still the best.
    1 person likes this.
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't understand why this section from Avinashi to Coimbatore which is within Tamil Nadu limits took so long and is still not fully completed. And why Coimbatore to Thrissur section is taking such a long time to develop. This section is a always a sore point for any body wanting to travel to Central Kerala from Madras. It is smooth sailing upto Avinashi and then from Thrissur it is again four laned. If they don't want to develop the road between Coimbatore and Palakkad, they should atleast maintain the two laned road and keep it free from potholes. I wonder what they present condition is, bad or pathetic?
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is useless eventhough it is four laned from Thrissur to Kochi. Hell of traffic with so many signals too. They shouldn't be collecting toll for this road.
    1 person likes this.
  6. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    How about taking Avinashi - Palakkad - Shornur - Thrissur ? One of my colleagues mentioned about this route ?
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Again, you have to undergo the under construction stretch between Avanashi and Coimbatore. And the most painful stretch from Coimbatore to Palghat.

Alternate route would be, Avanashi-Palladam-Pollachi-Palghat. It is farther by 30 kms. but less painful and good for your car. From Palghat, you can make Palghat-Ottapalam-Shoranur-Thrissur.

But, I strongly recommend, Perundurai-Kangayam-Palladam-Pollachi-Kollengode-Alathur-Chelakkara-Thrissur.
    2 people like this.
  8. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Ramesh,

What about the stretch between Alathur-Kuthiran-Mannuthy ? Is it in good shape ? Last time, I faced the biggest pot holes in my life in that stretch :eek:
    1 person likes this.
  9. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    They have tarred the road from Palakkad to Thrissur (Kuthiran-Mannuthy) route. Last time when I travelled, it was good in shape
    2 people like this.
  10. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thats some good news :D. So I am taking Salem - Pollachi - Alathur - Thrissur - Aluva.

Thanks a lot to all for you kind help :clapping
    1 person likes this.