1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Mumbai roadtrip . Need help.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Live2dream, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hello friends. Me along with my friend are going on long 3000km road trip on 1st of may.

Travel Plan :

Vehicle : Punto MJD

Chennai - Mumbai . Spend a night a day in mumbai.
    Mumbai - Goa. Spend a day in goa
    Goa -Manglore- Trivandrum(Home)
    Final leg Trivandrum -Chennai

Duration 7 days.

Now I am starting this thread as I need all your valuable information for my first leg of the trip. Chennai to Mumbai. Which routing should i take.

1. Should I proceed via NH40/NH44 all the way up to Hyderabad and then NH9 to Solapur and Pune and further NH9 to Mumbai or is there an alternate route. Any help from people who have travelled before between the cities would be deeply appreciated.
    2.the other routings which are listed in google maps doest not pass throuh NH or SH

Taking my car this week to get general check up done.its a new car and done only 3600kms . Should i get my first service done at Mumbai at 5000kms or get it done now in Chennai(would they do it now with only 3.6k) on the odo.

Would keep this thread updated with my travel details.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    You can take the Chennai - Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai route as that is the route frequented by most of folks. Also you're spending only a night in Mumbai - Don't know if it would be feasible to do the first service. Would probably recommend doing the service on your way to Mumbai - First service shouldn't take more than 2-3 hours if you don't have any issues.

Also do take some amount of Coolant & Engine oil to top-up if required. Do carry an portable tire inflator which works from lighter point.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Service: Punto's first service is at 3000Km. Are you talking about 2nd service at 15000K/1year?In the later case get it done at Chennai. Get a General check up done since you are going to travel a lot.

Chennai-Mumbai : Chennai-kolar-pune-Mumbai will be very good in road condition. Don't know about the roads that you have mentioned.
    Mumbai-Goa : NH66(old NH17) or NH 48(old NH4). Former has one advantage that it doesn't mix with SH and NH. Good in terms of scenic beauty. average speed will be less because of trucks with two lane road. Later is safe since the road is four lane till Nepani. But disadvantage for a new comer is that one has to cross the Ghat and for some portion Nepani-Ambolim road is not too great but no hidden humps. Safe speed will be 60kmph. After that from sawantwadi to goa follow NH 66.

At Goa please sea Fidalgo for best vegitarian food and a reasonably good stay. Also please go through the the thread http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-travel-experience/5918-explore-goa.html for more details of Goa. Also visit Vhan Pujari's thread on goa trip (part1,2 and 3) . There are also threads by J. Ravi and Grandeur about their Goa visit.

From Goa to Kerala the another forum member Thomman85 will be able to give recent updates since he is going to travel kerala-goa-kerala trip.

Good luck.
  4. Thanks teky. That looks like a feasible option, the diffrence between my 1st suggested route and banglore route is just 100km. Moreover banglore Pune is just one highway nh48 all the way. Well i dont have ny issues with the car till now. Will top up all the fluids this weekend. Hopefully everything goes fine

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Thanks sungoa. My car service book says 1st service at 5000km ,mayb for 2012 puntos. Yes i guess i would be taking chennai kolar and then nh48 all the way to pune and mumbai.my route details came from what google maps suggested me which i think is stupid. Thanks for the suggestions, i will be going over their threads
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Both Punto and Linea's 1st service is at 5000 kms. It was 3000 kms prior to April'11.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I apologize for the mistake. Mine is a 2010 model. On the way there are lot of service stations. I heard from another fiat owner that kolhapur service station(TASS) do a good job. Can be considered for the first service. This is on the way(NH48)
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    @Live2dream: Did you make this trip?
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Have you started the trip.