1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Hyderabad - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Rajith, Feb 8, 2012.

1. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ Kiranrv: Great, you did it all by yourself! Have they started collecting the toll between Medarametla and Narketpalli? Did you get bored or felt sleepy while driving all alone. It is quite a long drive to do alone, but gives you a lot of freedom as you can do what you want. How long did you take?
  2. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Yes started collecting Toll at Medarametla and Narketpalli,
    Never got bored or felt sleepy ... It was fun driving all along
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whats the best route from Hyd to Adoni ? from google maps i can see via kurnool. i have travelled before Hyd to Kurnool.Dont know after that have anyone travelled from Kurnool to Adoni ? or any other route suggestion from Hyd.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad to Raichur via Mahbubnagar is a decent 2 lane, not sure about the condition after that. So kurnool is the best bet given the 4 late highway.
    1 person likes this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The difference in distance via Mahbubnagar and via Kurnool is only ~20-25 kms (more via Kurnool). As vj mentioned, the highway via Mahbubnagar till Raichur is a decent 2 lane one. But you would reach Kurnool much faster given the excellent divided 4 lane roads.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Annas.Will hit staright to Kurnool and from there whichever road takes me to Adoni. :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. yomanyo

yomanyo Timido

Pondicherry
    Hello Fiatians

I'm planning to drive to Hyd - Pdy in my Linea MJD Emotion and need suggestions on the route I need to take. There are a couple of options google maps suggests I'd like to know if any of you have done this or have any thoughts.

Hyd > Ongole> Nellore> Chennai> Pondicherry
    Hyd > Karnool > Kadapa> Chitoor> Vellore> Pondicherry
    Hyd> Karnool>Ananthpur> Madanapalle> Vellore> Pondicheery

Also any tips for long travel would help.

Thank you
  8. SHAIK MEERAVALI

SHAIK MEERAVALI Timido

HYDERABAD
    hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I THINK Hyd > Ongole> Nellore> Chennai> Pondicherry IS CORRECT ROUTE.
    yomanyo likes this.
  9. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    We did HYD - PON during the republic day long weekend. We took the first option and roads are brilliant through out. You would need to touch SH2 and SH45. Though narrower than NH but the roads are great through out. You can keep an average of 75 km/h easily. Make sure to take the ECR from Chennai to Pondy. Its one of the most scenic roads in India along the east coast. I did the return journey of 800 odd kms in a little more than 10 hrs fr an average close to 80 km/h. So you can figure how good roads are. PM me if you need additional info.
    yomanyo likes this.
  10. yomanyo

yomanyo Timido

Pondicherry
    Hi Nibedk, I've sent you a message. Please take a look and reply when you get a chance.

Thanks Shaik for your suggestion as well.