1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Hyderabad - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Rajith, Feb 8, 2012.

1. I very well understand what you meant buddy..

I got my car delivered at 8:30 pm from there we moved out for bangalore after topping up diesel, we didnt even havr time to go to our home...
    Never did I cross the odo anove 80 kmph, resulting in mileage of 25.4 kmpl...
    And I am a heavy footed driver, very much I guess..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    [h=2]Chennai - Hyderabad[/h]I will get my new car delivery sometimes next week . Punto dynamic petrol
    I am planning to drive from Chennai to Hyderabad in my new car , can you suggest the best route and any special precautions I should keep in mind as this is a new car and I will be driving solo .
    I am planning for only day light journey , plan to start by morning 4am or 5am
  3. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is advised to do the Vijayawada route if you are getting for the first time. I did just over 800 kms in 12 hours flat with halts in this stretch.
    This is the route I had taken -
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  4. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I drove down to Hyderabad in January this year and took the shorter route via Piduguralla. You have to do the normal route till about 10 to 15kms after Ongole after which you would take left when you come to a town called Medarametla. You would not notice the town, as there is construction work going on but there are clear direction boards which mention "left" to Hyderabad. Its a good 4 laned road with median becoming two lane's only when you enter towns. This road joins the HYD - VJA road at Narketpalli. So the route would be:

Madras - Nellore - Ongole- Medarametla - Addanki - Pidurugulla - Nalgonda - Narketpalli - Hyderabad. This route is about 120 kms or more shorter than driving upto Vijayaywada. The trip distance was 685 kms from Adyar to Lakdikapul.

I left around 6:00 from home and was in Shamshabad for a late lunch at 16:00.
    1 person likes this.
  5. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    The road via Mederametla is now good now and much shorter. It is pointless to drive upto Vijayawada. There is every possibility of getting stuck in traffic jam near Kanaka Durga temple. Added to this the traffic goes slow till Ibrahimpatnam.

It is best to drive via Addanki. Now they are collecting toll fee after laying the road.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk
  6. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Thank you guys you made a rookie's job easier on a first Solo long drive, was bit tensed once I started nearing my home in Hyderabad as everyone drives like a 2 wheeler including buses, trucks and cars :A

DSC_0149.jpg

DSC_0150.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    How was the drive ?
    1. were you able to maintain speeds less than 100 ?? :) Punto is very tempting car to drive past 100s
    2. Whats you feel with the AC, with summers scoring I felt Punto AC is little lagging
  8. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    Drive was good , felt little annoyed once I reached Hyderabad city traffic limits ...Felt Chennai was little better

I touched 100 + few times, you never knew you were driving 100+ ... mostly I was in between 70-90

AC was good only time when I felt difference was when I took break for few min and started again I felt like I was in oven for first 30-45 seconds (left the car in hot sun )
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  9. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
    Great :) !! yeah very true, unless we have the speed limit warning set, we never know the speed we are touching
    We touch 120+ speeds :steering even before our car was 1000 kms
    Enjoy your drive
    1 person likes this.
  10. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Perfect. Speed and Fiat cars are synonyms.