1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Hyderabad - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Rajith, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    kiran,
    how much distance from Hyd to Kurnool on this highway and how many hours travel ?
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Its 213kms from the center of Hyderabad and 191kms from the ORR Exit at Shamshabad.
    Last time when Hyderabad team attended the South India Meet, we have done it in 2 hrs or something (Breakfast break excluded).
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Kiran, btw traffic is very less compared to Hyd>Vijaywada section. If we Plan Pondicherry through BLR, Inside BLR will eat 2 hrs min.

So, Route may be Hyd>BLR>Krishnagiri>Chennai>EC road>Pondicherry. What will be the shortest & fastest route to Pondicherry?

Can we plan our next trip ;).
  4. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think we have another option - Hyderabad - Tirupati - Kanchepuram - Vandavasi - Tindivanam - Pondy
    Hyderabad-Tirupati - 554 Kms
    Tirupati - Kanchepuram - 105 Kms
    Kancheepuram - Pondy - 120 Kms
    Total - 779Kms ( I think if you have plan to visit temple city Kanchipuram & Vellore then this route might be good )
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The route you are refering to is via Nalgonda >> Miryalaguda >> Dachepalli >> Piduguralla >> Rompicherla >> Addanki >> Ongole >> Chennai

I never travelled to Chennai by road, but one of my friend who used to work at Chennai and frequented Hyderabad told me that the bus takes the route of Nagarjuna Sagar Road >> Macherla >> Dachepalli >> and further as stated above. This, I believe was because of the road construction work between Hyd-Vja. This route has less traffic density and no diversions as such. But the roads are quite narrow.

I once took this route from Guntur >> Sattenapally >> Piduguralla >> Hyderabad

Shortest route from Hyderabad to Pondicherry will be the one from Nalgonda >> Ongole >> Chennai without touching Vijayawada & Guntur. (781 kms ; 11 hrs 41 mins)
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    this route is very bad .in january i tried this route.

the good one is the Guntur-Pidguralla-Hyd. there are diversions here also,but still one can manage this distance in 6 hours.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Night time its not safe to travel through this highway as most of the highway is double lane. especially Nagarjunsagar - Piduguralla road.
    If you want to travel in day time.. its good . We touched guntur in 5 hrs from Hyderabad.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Good one... I'm planning for a family trip to Chennai in the month of Apr..
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I know that the engines are tried and tested. Still, i have a special concern for all the vehicles that i own until i clock 5000kms. I believe atleast upto 2000kms dont stress the engine much.

And am a bit heavy footed driver especially when it comes to highway, so just want my Punto to get herself prepared before i take her out for a spin out on highway.

Cheers :)

P.S This has got nothing to do with technical stuffs, maybe its just my love and care towards the car :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3