1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Hyderabad - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Rajith, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Why do you need to wait for your car to complete 5k kms to take it out on highway??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes.its all done.Last tuesday night i drove from vijaywada to hyd. ;)
  3. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hyd to Vjw road is complete. You are right after Vijayawada, I would say another 70 kms it was a tiring journey. But Arnab, after reading your travelogue http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-travel-experience/9241-desi-fiat-goes-international.html my experience on that stretch is nothing.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I am yet to complete 5000 kms - I have done only 4.7 K kms so far.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  4. Cmmon it was no big deal, but during my return trip I did that stretch nonstop during night and was quiet stressed as all of a sudden a diversion turns up, you need to concentrate more provided the excellent headlight we have in our punto...

5. Good to know atlast the road is complete..how many tolls on this road btw??

6. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    I forgot to add one more important thing - I paid Rs.620/- as toll fee one way.
  7. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats Arun for your drive to chennai. Hyd>Vijayawada is in very good condition, You can cover easily by 3:30- 4 hrs easily, I did in 3 hr 45 minute ( 120 KMPH), But last year did the same road with 6 hrs.

We are planning for Pondicherry trip by Hyd>Vijayawada>Nellore>Chennai>EC Road>Pondicherry.
    1 person likes this.
  8. arunprasad

arunprasad Amatore

Hyderabad/Chennai
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    EC road should be good to drive with sea coast on your left. There were many dangerous blind curves on this road; I believe the blind curves have been straightned out now.

From Vijayawada, around 60-70 kms road work is being carried on so you have to drive on pretty bad service roads. Have a safe journey.

I will be once again on road to Chennai next month; I am planning to try a different route. I believe there is a short cut to Ongole without going to Vijayawada. I am not sure, should research further. The private buses are using that route it seems.

PS: Last year I drove to Vijayawada, it took me same 6 hours.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i think i came across 4 tolls and toll fees not less than 60 rupees.but driving on this road worth for the money.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Personally I like the Hyd-Banglore Highway than Hyd-Vijayawada. Again the Highway from Vijayawada to Vizag is great to drive but there are lot of villages and the traffic density is more aswell when compared to Hyd-Banglore route. I would anyday love to drive to Banglore again with some company in the form of Faits :)