1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai to Hyderabad - Route Queries

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Rajith, Feb 8, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    You can consider Chennai>Ongole>Chilakaluripeta>Karempudi>Macherla>Nagarjunasagar>Hyderabad route. Chennai to Chilakaluripeta is excellent 4-lane NH 5. There are some manageable bad sections of about 20 - 30 km stretch between Narasaraopeta and Macherla. After that, it is butter-smooth 2-lane SH to Nagarjunasagar, and then, to Hyderabad. I drove on this stretch during the late hours of the night and early hours of the day on my way to Nagpur.
    1 person likes this.
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad - Chennai Trip

Dear All,

I am planning to travel to Chennai for a ceremony at one of my cousin's place. The cermony is on 22nd Aug and intially we have planned to leave for Chennai on 17th August by train. However, I have convinced my wife that my parents shall leave by train and that me and my wife take a road trip along with my 2.5yrs old daughter on 18th Aug. We have 3 days before we reach Chennai on 21st Aug.

But the catch is, my wife is a fanatic of scenic locales and me as I believe, like many of our fellow members want to drive and do nothing else.
    Now I have to take my wife to some places enroute which my wife will feel is worth the drive.

So, I would like to ask for suggestions of places/locations that we can visit enroute to Chennai from Hyderabad, which are fun to drive and will keep my better half satisfied. Also, suggest some nice eateries and places to stay.

I am also planning to meet few of our Chennai mates if they are willing and available.

Thanks in advance.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You should look for,

Hyderabad-Kurnool-Nandiyal-Kadapa-Chittoor-Ranipet-Chennai.

If you don't mind doing longer distance, then try out Hyderabad-Anantapur-Chikballapur-Mulbagal-Palmaner-Chittoor-Ranipet-Chennai. Here you will get 4L till Chikballapur. And also you can see Lepakshi on the way which is located between Anantapur and Chikballapur.

And, yes. We can catch up in Chennai if possible.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  4. So time for another Chennai Meet :dance Welcome to Chennai Kiran. I'm not sure on the roads and places enroute HYD-CHE but I'm sure others in here will be able to provide you the information.

We shall plan a meet as per the availability of all.
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    You can consider Chennai>Ongole>Chilakaluripeta>Karempudi>Macherla>Nagarjunasagar>Hyderabad route. Chennai to Chilakaluripeta is excellent 4-lane NH 5. There are some manageable bad sections of about 20 - 30 km stretch between Narasaraopeta and Macherla. After that, it is butter-smooth 2-lane SH to Nagarjunasagar, and then, to Hyderabad. I drove on this stretch during the late hours of the night and early hours of the day on my way to Nagpur during my Leh trip. Nagarjuna Sagar in AP and Pulicat lake at AP/TN border are two scenic locations that could be visited en route.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ravi Ji, Heard that 6 laning work has started in this stretch (Chennai-Chilakaluripeta). Don't know how good/bad the condition is now.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I drove in this stretch in April/May 2012. In many sections, 6-laning works are in progress. But, nothing to worry about if one drives carefully on those sections. The NH5 road condition is excellent.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Raviji,
    i travelled by this route in my punto till chilakaluripet(My native):-

Hyd-Narkatpally-nalgonda(bypass)-Miriyalguda(bypass)-pidguralla-narasaraopet-chilakaluripet.

and i remember from chilakaluripet i have travelled by bus APSRTC to bangalore
    the route was chilakaluripet-ongole-nellore-tirupathi-chithoor-bangalore

somewhere near about tirupati we have enroute to chennai.?
    1 person likes this.
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You got it wrong Ganges. Ravi Ji was suggesting through Nagarjunasagar and not Nalgonda. Also, from Nellore, the NH will directly hit Chennai thru Tada. :).

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

You got it wrong Ganges. Ravi Ji was suggesting through Nagarjunasagar and not Nalgonda. Also, from Nellore, the NH will directly hit Chennai thru Tada. :).
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjn,
    u will find good roads on this route,though distance wise both are the same and yes one cn have a view of nagarjuna sagar dam.