1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

chennai - palakkad trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Cuty Red, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I did a chennai - palakkad (malampuzha) trip over this weekend with family .

Total Distance travelled 1300 +

Route taken : Chennai - Trichy - Dindigul - Palani - Pollachi - Pallakad.

Wonderful route all the way ..

Travel Time 7.30 hrs one side + 1.30 hrs break.

Avg speed 82 kmph

Chennai - Trichy - Dindigul .. No need to say about this wonderful 4 lane road .. Constant speed of 140 - 180 was cake walk for my beauty ..

Dindigul - Palakkad - Great , smooth 2 lane road .Can easily do speed of 120 + on this route .

The small towns inbetween was little conjusted and 3 -4 rail crosses that pop up suddenly on this smooth road was a disturbance :) . Apart from that no issue on this route.

Since the route was good we took the same route for the return journey and reached back home by 7 pm , sunday ..
    2 people like this.
  2. Anish_A

3. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Awesomeeeeeeee... How many KMs you have covered till now?
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Hey cuty where are the pics. What was the mileage you got with this speed ? Hope you had a great time.
  5. Sorry Anish .. No pics for this trip .. It was a quick trip. Started by saturday morning 4 AM . .Reached there by 1. Was having some personal work .. Finished it by evening 6 and started back by sunday morning 10 AM and reached home by 6 -7 ..

Hey Venkat .. Where are you these days ?? No news from you for a long time ?
    Till now covered around ~ 7600 only .. What about you ??

Hey Cinju ..
    Sorry .. No pics for this trip though i took camera .. Was little busy ..
    Mileage was around 15.5kmpl for the whole trip which was acceptable for the way i drove her on NH .
    The rule was simple for me .. In NH drive fast and in city limits treat her like a baby with soft touches .. :)

Yeah it was very fun driving and was really surprised with the smooth road.

Ramesh aka Ramjn gave confidence for taking this route .

6. niranjan_81

:eek:..This Avg speed is superb. Are the roads that good in South India? and we here in Pune will keep on feeling proud of that bad Pune-Mumbai expressway, which anyway is going from Bad to Worse now.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Achieving this speed in these roads is easy. I am surprised Ajit did not touch 95+ given his earlier antics.. :p
  8. yeah it is good .. a pleasant surprise ..

Srini , If we have 90 horses in hand , a car that is glued to tarmac at any speed , a wonderful set of breaks that is much superior than what we are used to .. Dont you think that we enjoy taking her on NH with some stupid reasons ? :)

And if we hav a family that enjoys to travel and is accompanying us then what more we need?

9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Niranjan, at least in Tamilnadu, almost 70% of NH has been converted to 4 Lane. And almost 60-70% of SH's are in good shape.
  10. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Hi Ajit, i have covered more than 10500 KMS now...