1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai - Mysore (Including Bandipur )

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by kiranrv, May 18, 2014.

1. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    I need suggestions for travelling from Chennai to Mysore (including Bandipur),
    I never drove on Ghat road till date :confused
    I am planning to start on 23rd/May Friday night or 24th Saturday early hours and start back sometime on Monday 26th/may ...
    I do not want to enter Bangalore city (is there a ORR)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Mods please move this thread if not appropriate
    Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Cheenai - Hosur - Bangalore Outskirts - take NICE Road, exit at Mysore Road - Mysore - Nanjangud/Ooty road - Gundlupet - Bandipur

There is no ghat section except for the last 2 kilometers near bandipur where there are 4-5 steep hairpin curves
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  4. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

1 person likes this.
  5. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    I had planned for Mysore and added Bandipur for a night stay there

- - - Merged Post - - -

27 hairpins (Dimbam Ghats) , Can a rookie like me do it (I believe in My Punto),
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    I suggest you avoid travelling at night, it is much safer in the day. Second, going all the way to Bandipur/Mysore on Saturday and coming back on Monday is too short a trip. You will in actuality get only a day and half to spend there and your trip will be hectic, just my thoughts.

Quickest and easiest way would be Chennai - Hosur and then take the NICE road (Its basically a Bangalore bye pass). The entrance to NICE road is a bit tricky and it starts after the elevated road starts. Keep left there. You could also take the Kanapura road to Mysore, this will be relatively calmer to drive as traffice would be less and now I believe, the regular Mysore Road has a lot speed breakers so another reason to avoid it.

EDIT: Coincidentally I will also probably be leaving to Mysore on Saturday morning. I would be taking the Chittoor road to BLR as the other route is quite congested after Krishnagiri and the waiting lines on tolls are really long sometimes. Plus the road work is on, in this section. I anyway like the Chittoor route to BLR as it is calmer and more fun to drive with some twisties.
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  7. kiranrv

kiranrv Amatore

Chennai
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/team-fiat-road/12193-madras-mysore-bekal-wayanad-madras-road-trip.html helped me a lot finalizing the my travel route, thank you everyone who replied to "5u3zEr0" and my thread

choose the below route while going
    Chennai-Vellore- Krishnagiri- Hosur- NICE road - Kanakapura- Mysore
    or
    Cheenai-Vellore- Krishnagiri- Hosur- NICE road - Maddur-Mandya- Mysore

Need suggestions on one of the above

and the below one for returning as I will be driving 99% during daylight
    Mysore-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Chamrajanagar-Sathyamangalam-Salem-Chennai
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Update your return trip's route conditions once you are back.