1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai Mumbai Goa Chennai Road Trip Dec 2015

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Giridhar, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Fellow Teamfiat members,

I am going to have a Road trip in my Aventura Emotion this weekend to Mumbai from Chennai with my family along with three years old kid. Will be covering Goa on the way back. Route would be Chennai - Hosur (Halt) - Kholapur (Halt) - Pandrapur - Pune (Halt) - Thane via NH4.

While returning it will go to Goa via NH66. Halt at Goa, Hubli and then Hosur and finally Chennai.

This would be first road trip which I would be covering around 4K Km.

Like to know what to carry, precautions to be taken and like your feedback on the above halting. This trip is for 10 days.

Appreciate all your support and guidance for the above trip.

IMAG0249(20141205-112706).jpg
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  2. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Are you planning to cover the Chennai - Mumbai distance in 4 days ? Halts at Kolhapur and then at Pune are not required unless, you want to visit these places specifically or you have any relatives there. This distance can be covered in 2 days (little hectic) or in 3 days (comfortably)

Alternatively, you can come via Hyderabad (having a one day halt there for local sightseeing). Chennai - Hyderabad - Solapur - Pune - Mumbai.
  3. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @vinit Thanks for the info. It would be three days to mumbai. have some sight seeing in lonavala and khandala.... and also covering pandrapur... hence the halt at pune...
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    If you are halting at pune, then halting at Kolhapur may not be required. Pandharpur can be visited enroute Pune.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Giridhar Wow looking car. Why not try HVK CHD package if interested in looking out for rooms and route queries at unknown locations?
    asimpleson likes this.
  6. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Sorry to post my travelogue so late. Never got a chance to post it after my return. Overall the trip was amazing.
    Here is the snapshot of the trip. The trip was 10 days long. Sorry if it is way too long.

All the packing was done by my wife. I have to admit, she did way better packing then me. Trip would have not be so convincing and pleasure without her. I admire her for her responsibility taken in this trip. I took care of all necessary electronic gadgets. Even I bought some electrical fuse in case something goes wrong (I had experienced fuse going off in Maruthi 800 :) ). So did not wanted to take chance even i believed nothing can go wrong with Fiat and the Fiat. Car seat was ready for my kid. Including the tab to view all his favorite rhymes and games.

The worst part was getting all the luggages loaded into the car. It took almost 30 to 40 min to get started after loading all the stuff into the car.

Started from Chennai Friday evening around 6 and reached Hosur around 11 PM had a halt in Hosur. Stayed at my relative house.

Next day morning (Saturday) it started at Hosur around 5 and reached Kholapur around 8 PM . Stayed at Hotel Regency. Pretty decent one. Food was really nice over there. In between we had a little bit long break in Rannebennur for a personal work and lunch at Hubli. What an awesome drive it was. Excellent Road. Had a steady 120 km/h. Reached maximum to 165 km/h. The view of windmills was nice. More than me and my wife, son was too tired and hit the bed as soon as we reached hotel and had dinner.

Next day morning (Sunday) had a temple visit and it took way too long then expected. Had to start after having lunch and it was almost 4 in the evening. By the time we reached Pune it was around 8 and My kid was almost drained out and had to stay in Pune. Opted for Ginger hotel at Wakad (on the mumbai pune highway). I would advise not to opt for this hotel. Room was not clean espicially the bathroom. There was a small incident happened on the way. Stopped at one the petrol bunk to fill up the disel. Swipped my card and the print receipt did not come. He tried to swipe it again and I had to stop him. Thanks to SMS service. I had to convince him that debit has already happened and cannot swipe it again. I showed him the SMS and then he was convinced. We also stopped at one of the eateries and had vada pav and pav bhaji. I have to say, Kholapur pav bhaji is the best. My wife loved it too. Had three pav bhajji and stomach was full. The view of landscapes and driving on ghat section was truly astonishing.

On monday morning we had a breakfast at the same hotel and to our surprise the taste was good. We hit the Mumbai pune expressway. I have to go to history now. Sorry for that. It was way back in 2005 or 2006 when I had a trip along with my Parents to Pune. It was then I saw the the expressway travelling in Maruthi Omni. That drive was amazing and always had the urge to drive on my own. But then there was a big difference in road quality of NH and the expressway. Now I dont see that. Thanks to Vajpayee who had initiated the golden quadrilateral and we are benefiting from that. And then came this day when I travelling in my own car none other than Fiat Aventura the beast. Cannot be happy more than this moment. Cruised at a speed of 160 to 170 km/h. Reached Thane in the evening where I had stayed for four years. Now its totally different.

We had a local sight seeing for couple of days. Showed the places in and around Thane to my wife bringing back my old memories. Those moments sharing with your partner was really feeling touching. Had visit to Sidhivinayak temple and also one day for Shiradi.

On Thursday early morning we started to Goa. I have to admit, the drive was really superb and fantastic in NH 66. The altitude, ghat section, mesmerizing view from the top, greenery . Those moments makes you to have more road trips. We the fiat owners only know how it feels to have road trip when we sit on the pilot seat. Agree?? Except one incident where I was trying to overtake a truck and came the car in the opposite direction, leaving little room for me to overtake. It was my mistake for not judging the distance and speed of the opposite car. Thanks to Truck driver to slowing down but heard some gali also. By the time we reached it was in the night and stayed at Sinq Beach Resort. Pretty decent place. They had actually upgraded to executive room on 24th night.

Next day (Friday) it was special day as it was my Wife's birthday. Had a good breakfast and taste was also good. Checked out of the hotel. Took few snaps over there and went to Baga Beach. Had a very good lunch at Sagar restaurant. Then proceeding toward Bangalore. Somehow destiny made us to go to Belgaum. THe route was truly amazing. Went into the woods in the night. Few vehicles. There was another TN registered Ciaz racing along with us. Both of us were sportive and professional enough in that race. And we also halted at same place for having tea but did not meet each other even though we knew both of us were racing. The tea was amazingly good and had one more just for Rs 5 for one cup. We halted at belgaum as it was night and my wife did not want me to drive for that day. But the day was truely amazing day for me for the drive on NH 33 or SH 33.

Next day Saturday we started early from Belgaum and hit the road towards Bangalore. We were almost nearing the end of our road trip. On the way, we had breakfast at Shivsagar I beleive. Nice greenary.... Wait a second... No it was more of cotton fields on both the sides. We were nearing the place called as Bedigai... Wife told me it is famous of Mirchi... We tried if we can get Mirchi on the way. For our luck we got it. That too organic Mirchi. Before that we halted at Davagere to buy the famous pedas (sweet made of condensed milk). Temperature started soaring even it was decemeber.... Had lunch at Kamat.... and reached bangalore around 3 to 4 Pm. What a journey it was.

Sunday was a rest day... working from bangalore unfortunately.... and Monday back home.... I need to give special thanks to my 3 year old kid... who did not cry at all even though tied to his seat for a long time. We halted now and then released him from the seat belt... was happy person.. not even once he fuzzed to come front when we were on highway...

Will upload the pictures shortly...
    dhaya76 and Turbothinghy like this.
  7. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Saw only one and only one Avventura in the whole trip.
    IMAG0940(20151227-105101).jpg
    Final reading after the trip got over
    IMAG0942(20151228-230437).jpg

IMAG0892.jpg
    kishorekrs, m.rajeev.menon and pdash like this.