1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Chennai --> Mumbai - ALL ALONE - NH4 Road Conditions Please + Need Contacts and locat

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by yok1987, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Many Thanks My Friends for all the valuable inputs.

we have to pay for getting our cars thrashed and beaten up. Frustration.gif - AGREED.

Summarizing,
    1. If you can start very early, say 4 or 4.30, you can easily go till Kolhapur and take a break.
    2. Satara - Pune Rough Stretch.
    3. Pune NH4 Becomes a city road between 5.00Pm to 9:00 pm.
    4. Hotel Ananth Residency Residency in Hubli.

So, I will start early as advised at 4.30, rest the night near Kolhapur.
    Guys please suggest me some decent place to stay around Kolhapur preferably on the highway.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Hotel Sai International, located 32 km from Kolhapur towards Pune on RHS of NH 4 while going from Bangalore to Pune. The adjacent Sai Food Court offers vegetarian fare.
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. I remember this place, have had a morning coffee on the way to GOA.. THANKS again Ravi.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Divi

Divi

Chennai
    Really cool......I am intrusted and can join this trip .wat about back trip???

btw .. about my self....I joined the forum this week...and proud owner of GDP 1.3 Dynamic since 2012 Feb. Did 41k so far all around South.;-)
  5. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    yok1987 - Looks like we will be travlling on the same road on the same day. Although in different directions :)

I will be leaving Pune on th 2nd October early morning and am heading to Bangalore. It would be great if we could meet up somewhere along the way.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    I wil b also leaving to mumabi on 2nd 4 am morning from bangalore..will continue rann of kutch via mumbai.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
    1 person likes this.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Any idea about NH66 via Mahad from Bombay to Mahabaleshwar.I am traveling to Mahabaleshwar this weekend and Nh4 is a mess as per reviews.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I drove from Mahabaleshwar to Mumbai in 2010 via Poladpur/Mahad on SH 72 and NH 17. At that time, the 2-laned roads were good. The details are here.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Raviji, actually I have heard from some taxi walas that even that road (NH66)has developed potholes due to rains this year.I have taken that route last year and its was smooth ride.

I am planning Mahabaleshwar this weekend and am in a soup.Your review NH 4 is from Pune to Satara has developed potholes and now even via Mahad road (NHm66) may have craters.

Raviji, can you specify the exact location of the bad stretch between Pune and Satara.I will be taking the road till Wai.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    All diversions have gone from bad to worse. The diversions from Pune to Satara are worse than that of Satara to Pune. The Pune and Satara bypasses are also very bad.
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013